logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Insufficient memory
N7IP
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 4:26:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I'm getting this error at various times after starting Logic. In WIN10, I uninstalled Logic and reinstalled, did the update to V10.0.06 and the error persists. Strangely, I am also starting to see Logic not recognizing the com port. The com port is seen by WSJT but not Logic.

Appreciate help,

Bob
1 user thanked N7IP for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/25/2022(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N7IP
#2 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 10:18:02 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
FYI, this error often seems to occur when the telnet form is downloading a lot of spots.

Also, the telnet process locks out all other uses of Logic, even re-sizing forms, etc. With the large number of FT8 spots these days, telnet can lock up Logic for many minutes when first started. Is this normal?

Bob
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:55:27 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 109 post(s)
Hi Bob,

Don't have any memory issues but can comment that even with the Spot Log set to DXSummit when LOGic first launches it can take more than a few seconds for the Spot log to fill with spots and the band map to populate before LOGic finishes fully loading. Also, while logging LOGic lags several seconds after hitting the TAB key before it actually logs the QSO during which time its grabbing new spots and populating the log and band map. Seems to be interrupting/lagging longer than it was a year or so ago as its very noticeable while contesting. I usually run contests unassisted so dont have spotting enabled and there's a big difference. If one does leave spotting on then it can take 2-3 seconds for the spot log to finish updating during which time LOGic is un-responsive while it finishes with the Spot Log/Band Map. If contesting with spotting on its potentially a sizable hit to your QSO rate as almost each QSO logged results in a lag of 2-3 seconds before you can enter the next callsign.

Just a few cents for the jar.

73 de Brad, K8ZM
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2022 8:01:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 338 post(s)
Hi--

Just wanted to let you know that I have seen this and will be replying when I am able.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY