logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Insufficient memory
N7IP
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 4:26:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I'm getting this error at various times after starting Logic. In WIN10, I uninstalled Logic and reinstalled, did the update to V10.0.06 and the error persists. Strangely, I am also starting to see Logic not recognizing the com port. The com port is seen by WSJT but not Logic.

Appreciate help,

Bob
1 user thanked N7IP for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/25/2022(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N7IP
#2 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 10:18:02 AM(UTC)

FYI, this error often seems to occur when the telnet form is downloading a lot of spots.

Also, the telnet process locks out all other uses of Logic, even re-sizing forms, etc. With the large number of FT8 spots these days, telnet can lock up Logic for many minutes when first started. Is this normal?

Bob
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:55:27 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Bob,

Don't have any memory issues but can comment that even with the Spot Log set to DXSummit when LOGic first launches it can take more than a few seconds for the Spot log to fill with spots and the band map to populate before LOGic finishes fully loading. Also, while logging LOGic lags several seconds after hitting the TAB key before it actually logs the QSO during which time its grabbing new spots and populating the log and band map. Seems to be interrupting/lagging longer than it was a year or so ago as its very noticeable while contesting. I usually run contests unassisted so dont have spotting enabled and there's a big difference. If one does leave spotting on then it can take 2-3 seconds for the spot log to finish updating during which time LOGic is un-responsive while it finishes with the Spot Log/Band Map. If contesting with spotting on its potentially a sizable hit to your QSO rate as almost each QSO logged results in a lag of 2-3 seconds before you can enter the next callsign.

Just a few cents for the jar.

73 de Brad, K8ZM
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2022 8:01:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Just wanted to let you know that I have seen this and will be replying when I am able.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2022 2:37:44 PM(UTC)

Any update on a fix for this? Insufficient stack space upon startup is the error message.

Bob
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2022 11:43:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sorry, I haven't done anything on this yet. The solution would be to put the spot log in its own .EXE so it would run in its own thread independent of anything else in LOGic.

Quote:
Also, the telnet process locks out all other uses of Logic, even re-sizing forms, etc. With the large number of FT8 spots these days, telnet can lock up Logic for many minutes when first started. Is this normal?
Is Telnet doing a SH/FDX on startup? Maybe turn that off....

When I say "I have seen that before", I am referring to the delay, not insufficient memory in insufficient stack space or any other error. How much RAM do you have?

Check your paging settings.

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY
File Attachment(s):
paging.png (182kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
N7IP
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2022 6:26:44 PM(UTC)

Any update of a fix for this? the insufficient message comes up whenever I leave Logic alone long enough for the monitor, not the PC, to go to sleep. I have 16 GB of memory. Only other app running is typically WSJTX. Logic is the only app with this problem.

Bob
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2022 10:38:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi--

Is the monitor going to sleep causing the issue? Or is that just how long it takes? If you are using the machine so the monitor doesn't go to sleep, then does the out-of-memory error not occur?

You could try taking WSJT-X out of the equation. I doubt that is a factor, but you never know. It's really weird that the monitor going to sleep would cause this.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2022 4:56:35 PM(UTC)

The problem crops up a few times per day independent of the monitor going to sleep. See screen shot. Is there some problem with the spot log receiving too many spots? I notice that sometimes it does not update. When I stop and restart it, or change to the options tab, it then updates.

Bob
File Attachment(s):
insuf stack space.pdf (2,727kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
w2zi
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2022 5:13:20 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Used to have the lockup issue on LOGic 9. It was a old Pentium 4 630 under XP (bought in 2004) that was upgraded to Windows 7. Would only support 2 GB of RAM. Finally replaced last year with a Core i5 with 8 GB. That issue was gone.

I'm more curious how you're talking to the rig. You need something like OmniRig if you want LOGic and WSJT-X to both talk to the rig.

73s, Don, W2ZI
1 user thanked w2zi for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/6/2023(UTC)
N7IP
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2022 8:08:19 PM(UTC)

Logic and WSJT communicate with the rig on different com ports. In my case, no need for omnirig.

Bob