logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

.NET Framework problem
K8AO
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 4:39:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I purchased the annual update and ran the execute file. Logic 9 does not load. I get the following error message.
Entity Framework Database Access Error
The ADO.NET provider with invariant name “VfpentityFrameworkProvider2” is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded. See the inner exception for details. Unable to find the requested .NET Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

I'm using Windows 10. I downloaded the latest framework version from Microsoft.com. The message I get after that is: .NET Framework 4.8 or a later update is already on this computer.

What do I do now?

73 Duane K8AO
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:59:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Sorry for the problem. Thanks for your call regarding this.

To recap, in case anyone else has this problem:

The problem is not with the .NET Framework. It is with the Entity Framework, which the .Net code in LOGic uses to access the Visual Foxpro database. It is supposed to install when you install LOGic or a LOGic update, but did not for some reason.

It could be a virus checker. Please temporarily disable any virus protection and try installing again.

If that doesn't work, download and run the VFP OLEDB provider and the VFP Entity Framework Provider.

http://distribution.hosenose.com/public/

Look for
VFPOLEDBSetup.msi
VfpEntityFrameworkProvider.msi

Run each, and make sure they install correctly. You will get more detailed information than you do when the automatic install runs.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2022 9:00:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
There are now two versions of VfpEntityFrameworkProvider available. Use VfpEntityFrameworkProvider206.msi for LOGic 10.0.9 or later. The original version 204 is there in case someone needs it.

If, when installing VfpEntityFrameworkProvider206.msi, it complains there is another version already installed, please download VfpEntityFrameworkProvider204.msi. Run that to unisntall, then install VfpEntityFrameworkProvider206.msi.