logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New error - lockwindowupdate.prg’ does not exist.
K8AO
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 2:32:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I moved Logic9 from a Windows 7 machine to a new Windows 10 machine. I followed the guidelines on how to do the move but when I try to launch Logic on Windows 10 I get this message - lockwindowupdate.prg’ does not exist. Don't know where to turn.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
w2zi
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 10:11:00 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Presuming you still have the Windows 7 installation saved, I would first try to get an empty installation working on Windows 10. Use your original download file then run the updater. See if that works. You might have some other problem.

I'm running the latest version (9.1.42). I do not have the file you mention.

Dennis can weigh in on that filename. It may refer to an internal module in the code and he would know what else could cause the error.

73s, Don
K8AO
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:31:25 AM(UTC)

Don, thanks for the hint. That took care of it.

73 Duane K8AO
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 9:11:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Just updating this in case the issue comes up again. I finally figured out what is going on.

lockwindowupdate is not actually part of LOGic, but is built into windows. It freezes a window so Windows can paint the window in the background without the window updates appearing in real-time. It makes for a smoother-looking window paint.

This error happens because an unrelated error occurs early in LOGic's startup, before lockwindowupdate gets registered. An example of what will cause this is attempting to start LOGic in a directory in other than where it was installed, or an incomplete or corrupted installation is missing some other file. The error handling routine calls lockwindowupdate before it gets declared, hence the error. Ignore the "lockwindowupdate.prg does not exist" to see the underlying error.

This has been fixed in 9.20.5.