logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

SWL field in OTHER QSO window
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:04:59 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Hi Dennis,
I wanted to draw your attention to my request to be able to add the SWL field in the "other qso" window or to make it possible to choose what to display by the user.
I've always sent paper QSLs for every QSO, but I'm seeing that many HAMs, despite reporting via the bureau on the QRZ page, have not responded for decades. Now I no longer want to send QSL cards to those who do not answer and for this reason I have used the SWL field which is normally little used. I need to view it.
Thank you

73's IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 8:59:45 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Mauro:

The Other QSOs window has a column named USERFIELDS which shows all raw userfield data. Pan to the right and slide to the left so you can see it.

Unfortunately there is no way to show a column with just SWL in it.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 7:04:43 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
thanks for the precise answer I already imagined but I hoped it could be feasible. unfortunately I have now received confirmation that this is not possible. The solution you have proposed does not solve my problem. I will have to study another fast system to reach the goal of not sending more qsl to those who never answer.
You will ask the reason for this my need. In fact with qso in dx there are no problems because inserting the call and typing TAB the mask is filled with all the data that have been set in the logform setup. The problems arise when you make contests or qso in FT8, FT4, RTTY etc where the file import procedure of many QSO's is needed.
The import file fills in all the fields that are in the ADI file but the remaining fields that are normally filled in real time remain empty. This causes you to waste a lot of time putting everything in order by updating what is missing.
Question: Is it possible, in the import adif phase, to simulate the update of the records as if it were done in real time to have all the desired fields filled in one step? I'm sure it would slow down the update but the computer has all the time it wants. The amateur radio operator is happy to do other things in the meantime.
This in general but if you want I can go into particular with examples describing what is not updated.
Thank you
73's IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:11:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, so you import some QSOs from ADIF, and you want something to get filled out automatically just as if you entered it directly in LOGic. Is this correct? Is the SWL field getting filled out automatically if you enter a QSO directly in LOGic? If so, please explain how it gets filled in automatically.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
IK0CHU
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:22:17 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
yes my biggest job is massive importing from other programs with adif file, i like Contests. It's right inserting directly in Logic there are fields auto filled from settings in used logform and via membership list or valid value linked.
Exp: I created a field called COUNTRY (will be printed into QSL) and created a database with the description of all the DXCCs as you entered in the Prefix Table. When I insert a qso with Canada Logic9 it determines the DXCC VE and fills the field COUNTRY as CANADA and so with all the other countries except for the USA where Logic puts in the country field the description of the COUNTY, STATE.
With the import from adif file the COUNTRY field is not filled and I have to do it all manually. I use the massive database commands for all the countries and for the USA every time I have to do two steps: first I insert UNITED STATES and then for each STATE the second command:
1) replace userfields with tag_edit (userfields, "COUNTRY:", "UNITED STATES") for DXCC = 'K' AND QSO_DATE> = {^ 2019-05-12}
2) replace userfields with tag_edit (userfields, "COUNTRY:", "UNITED STATES, AR") for DXCC = 'K' AND QSO_DATE> = {^ 2019-05-03} AND STATE = 'AR' AND NOT TAG_VAL (" COUNTRY: ", USERFIELDS," C ") = 'UNITED STATES,'
I believe that this function could be done with the external program FIX STUFF.
I also manage the WAIP, WAIS, ASC, SEZ which are Italian awards and every amateur has a unique fixed data unless he changes residence or club. By entering an Italian name I am going to fill this data using the membership but with the import file no.
The SWL field is automatically filled only after setting in the log form to copy the data from the previous one.
So if I have a CALL that does not respond to QSL I put NOBUREAU in the SWL field the first time and then when I see a QSO of that CALL in the OTHER QSO window I should see the writing NOBUREAU in the SWL field if the SWL field could be put in display. Now to avoid this I add NOBUREAU also in the COMMENT field but it is not right because it is often used for other things. With this system I avoid doing further research on qrz.com and saving time.
I think it's enough for now also because I don't know if I managed to explain well. (always the problem of the language eheh)
Excuse the slowness, I'd like you to be able to access my PC to see how I manage the Logic, but we're not really close and I'm not aware, apart from the teamwiever who works one way, if there is something that allows you to see what I do locally.
73's IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
K8ZM
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 6:44:52 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Mauro,

I had an idea regarding SWL and NOBUREAU. Instead of using SWL create a "NOBUREAU" membership, you are expert already on how it works and the other things it could do. You may have considered this but thought it worth mentioning. I suppose you could also use the QSL VIA field and input NOBUREAU.

Sorry don't have any ideas for the massive adif importing and post processing you have to do in LOGic. I like contesting and am doing more and more it seems. I avoid as best I can using anything other than LOGic as my contest logger to avoid having to import and then fix stuff, especially since I have customized and automated LOGic to work the way I operate. It's easier for me since I most always run un-assisted and mostly US contests.

Best 73's, de Brad N8GLS