logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Strange LOTW behavior
w2zi
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:24:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
I've noticed a strange thing with LOTW.

I have QSOs with stations that are on LOTW. I might work the same op from 4 counties and only have 3 that confirm on LOGic. I log in to my account on the website, search for his call and it shows the 4 QSOs. The details of the 4th one appear to match (same time, band, etc) but it's clearly not confirmed. I've attached screen shots of an example.

It might be an LOTW server glitch/feature.

Any thoughts where to look next?

Thanks,
Don, W2ZI

File Attachment(s):
kh6zm 2003-07-02.bmp (436kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
kh6zm 2011-12-11.bmp (673kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:20:23 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, so you're saying that the LoTW site shows this 4th QSO as confirmed, but when you do Import LoTW QSLs, that QSO is not showing up in LOGic?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:13:50 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Sorry to barge in, but, it doesn't appear that the QSO from 2003 is confirmed in LoTW, there is no QSL date, compare the two QSO records and you can see the difference.
Aside, just because a station is a user of LoTW doesn't mean that ALL the QSO's from that station were uploaded from his/her log. I have many many QSO's with this dilemna, but its got nothing to do with LOGic. Many of my older QSO's (going back 5 & 10 years or more) have no confirmation in LoTW, yet those with the same station of just a couple years ago do....its just the way it is.

73 de Brad, N8GLS
w2zi
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:51:38 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
I get the older QSOs not getting confirmed though I've had some 1960's QSOs confirmed. (I'm not the only one that entered really old paper logs in to LOGic and then sent to LoTW.)

I've also have QSOs from the 2012 ARRL DXCC contest with the same station (15 and 20m); one confirmed, one not. I happened to get paper QSLs so it gets more confusing. I've concluded this must be something in the logs the other station uploaded or at the LoTW servers.

It's not LOGic and I'm not going to put much more effort in to it.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Don,
W2ZI
K8ZM
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:15:16 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Thanks Don,

I have similar LoTW issues, sadly its not a panacea, and if the station is a user, only as good as the operator logging the Q. I have had instances where I worked the same station on 4 different bands within a two week period and only get 3 confirmed....go figure. I guess its possible the other station logged the QSO incorrectly....surely I didn't !! (hi hi). Most of my old ones from the mid 80's to mid 90's remain un-confirmed in LoTW. Many of the guys I have worked multiple times over the years never converted their "hard" (paper) logs when they went "soft" (paperless) and so a QSO made two weeks ago gets confirmed but the other ten spanning ten years never do. Guess we'll never be happy !!

Best DX !!

de Brad, N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
w2zi on 7/4/2016(UTC)