logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Display if LOTW user on log main window? *SOLVED*
WA6KEK
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:26:53 AM(UTC)
AlanE

Groups: Registered

Hello,
New to the program and these forums.
Is it possible for me to setup a field on the Log Main window that shows if the Call entered is a LOTW user?
If not, can I do this via the membership window so that by hitting tab after typing in a call in the Log Main window the membership window tells me if the call is a member of LOTW?
If there is a known post about this I would be grateful if someone could point me there too.
Thanks,
Alan
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WA6KEK
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:17:11 PM(UTC)
AlanE

Ok I figured out how to use the membership window to display LOTW membership...works great.
Still would like to know if there is a feature I am missing to display the same info on the main log window; without have to have the membership window open.
Thanks,
Alan
KD0PO
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:04:25 PM(UTC)
dokxray

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WA6KEK Go to Quoted Post
Ok I figured out how to use the membership window to display LOTW membership...works great.
Still would like to know if there is a feature I am missing to display the same info on the main log window; without have to have the membership window open.
Thanks,
Alan

please tell me how you did it!
WA6KEK
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:35:35 PM(UTC)
AlanE

Originally Posted by: KD0PO Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WA6KEK Go to Quoted Post
Thanks,
Alan

please tell me how you did it!

I figured it out in section 11 of the manual "Memberships".
Sorry I can't remember the exact steps but it was actually pretty easy. It involved downloading the LOTW user list (this option is part of Logic) and connecting that to the membership form. You then keep that form (or little window)open near the main log window and it works just like the Other QSO's form; shows membership once you put the call in the log form. Works like a charm.

I am just hoping for some guidance on adding a user defined field to the log form so I don't need the membership window open (I like declutter).
I followed the instructions elsewhere in the forums to add a user defined field to show Country on the log form and that works great. Seems like I should be able to do something similar with LOTW user....Yes/No
IK0CHU
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:03:12 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Hi Alan and Ray,
I attach two screenshots with the hope to be able to help, according to my small experience, regarding your request.
Have fun with Logic9.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot336.jpg (154kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
ScreenShot335.jpg (152kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
WA6KEK
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 11:09:58 PM(UTC)
AlanE

Mauro thank you for the very detailed reply!
I will check out your solution and follow up with you with any questions if that is ok.
Thank you very much from Alan WA6KEK 73
WA6KEK
#6 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 9:26:14 AM(UTC)
AlanE

Originally Posted by: IK0CHU Go to Quoted Post
Hi Alan and Ray,
I attach two screenshots with the hope to be able to help, according to my small experience, regarding your request.
Have fun with Logic9.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro

Mauro,
I don't know what to associate the userfield with in the "copy from prefix table" for it to get the LOTW user data.
No problem creating the userfield and putting it on the log main window.
How did you do it? I have attached a screen shot of where I am stuck.
Thanks,
Alan

Edit: I think I am barking up the wrong tree with the prefix table.....
File Attachment(s):
What to associate userfield with.jpg (143kb) downloaded 46 time(s).
IK0CHU
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 10:39:19 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Hi Alan,

The field of two characters that you created with LOTW user in the mainlog window, you will fulfill with "Y" if the CALL inserted with a TAB in the mask will result in users LOTW membership, otherwise remain empty.
The LOTW membership list must be periodically updated with the procedure Tools / Internet / Import Users LOTW membership list.
You do not have to do anything in the COPY FROM TABLE PREFIX folder at least for what we're talking about.
Here is operating normally, let me know.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WA6KEK on 3/14/2015(UTC)
WA6KEK
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 6:30:22 PM(UTC)
AlanE

Originally Posted by: IK0CHU Go to Quoted Post
Hi Alan,

The field of two characters that you created with LOTW user in the mainlog window, you will fulfill with "Y" if the CALL inserted with a TAB in the mask will result in users LOTW membership, otherwise remain empty.
The LOTW membership list must be periodically updated with the procedure Tools / Internet / Import Users LOTW membership list.
You do not have to do anything in the COPY FROM TABLE PREFIX folder at least for what we're talking about.
Here is operating normally, let me know.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro

Mauro thanks for hanging in with me....I got it!!

You shouldn't do any of this if you haven't already read the appropriate sections of the manual and have become familiar with adding userfields to the log form. Practice with a backed up copy of your log form.

This is far from a complete guide but the key points are covered.

Rough steps are something like:
Make sure you have saved a copy of your log form and have backed up your log before trying this.
Get the LOTW membership list downloaded in the membership list window.
Get the Membership window working so you see LOTW membership in that window when you type a call in the log form.
Create the LOTW MEMBER userfield with it set to Logical and then go to the membership tab and click Membership.
Click on the membership form button and bring up that window.
Click on the list LOTW USER in the right navigate to list area.
You need to see your userfield in the upper left greyed out. This is key!

The heavy lifting is done.
Now just add the userfield to your log form and when you type in a call and hit tab, if that call is on the LOTW USER list the tick box will get a check mark in it as Mauro said.
Don't forget you need to close your log form and re-open it and then make a new callsign entry that is a known LOTW user to test it.
Working perfectly here.

The key is to get your member list to look like the screenshot attached in this post.
File Attachment(s):
Membership lists snapshot.jpg (134kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
vk4iu
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2015 5:44:03 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

I would add one more step ...

The instructions create the user field and the membership linkage in the one process. One cannot link the definitions until they have both been defined.

One needs to "SAVE" the user field definition before clicking on the Memberships Form button - otherwise the "greyed out" field name will not appear in the Membership config form.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.