logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Will LOGic 8 run on Windows 7 or Vista
WN4AZY
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:34:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Yes. In fact, the latest updates of LOGic 8 were is developed on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. (Note that LOGic 9 is now available).

Before installing your LOGic CD, please turn off User Account Control.

In Windows 7, type UAC in the Windows Start Menu Search box. Click "Change User Account Control setting". Drag the slider control to "Never Notify".

In Vista, Click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts (under Classic View). Click "Turn User Account Control on or off," then uncheck the box on the following screen.

After installing the CD, install the latest LOGic 8 maintenance update.

You may now enable User Account Control if you wish. However, if you experience any problems with LOGic or anything else on your computer, we recommend testing with UAC turned off. We run with it off all the time -- after all we did just fine without this "feature" before Vista came along. Vista in particular generates so many alerts that hardly anyone bothers to read them!

Other things to try if you run into problems (these are based on reports from customers -- we have not had to do this):

• Make sure you are running with Administrator privileges.

• Set to XP service pack three compatibility by right-clicking LOGIC8.EXE (located in C:\LOGIC8 if you installed at the default location).

LOGic 7 will not install on 64-bit versions of Windows. It has not been confirmed that it will run on 32-bit versions of Win 7 or Vista.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
warner
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 4:29:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

As window vista have compatibility issue with most of the drivers and software.
I was thinking it will not support logic8.
I had a bad experience with this version of windows.And in case of window 7, window 7 is better as compare to vista in compatibility.
N3TG
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2014 8:51:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I am trying to move my LOGic 8 from an XP machine to a new Windows 7 machine. The DVD loaded and when I tried to do a Restore, it did it, but with a problem. I have been backing up three different versions of logs: one for me, one for the XYL and one for the club station for which I am trustee.

The restore from my external HD only brought forward my XYL's log DB. An reason why? and how do I get the other two log DB's onto the new Windows 7 machine? Do I have to reinstall each LOGic8 separately under a new call sign? It has been so long since I set this up on the XP machine that I don't remember what I did.

Bill N3TG
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2014 4:57:17 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

From memory, LOGic 8 always uses the same name - LOGBACKUP5.PDABACKUP - a legacy of the days when we used "floppy disks" for backup. The latest versions of LOGic 9 generate a file name based on the date and the time of day.

In LOGic 8 the backups will be in different places using the same name, or in the same place using different names provided YOU changed the name when you did the backup.

Otherwise each backup you have been making overwrites the previous backup.

You may need to go back to your XP system and make a fresh backup.

The other databases were probable referenced using a DATA= on the LOGic command line. Just copy the complete folder to the new machine and use the same DATA= statement on the command line.

In XP point at the LOGic icons you have been using and right click and ask for the properties.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.