logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Rig interface with the PW-1
K3DMG
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:07:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I recently added an ICOM PW-1 to the station which includes an IC-7567ProII xceiver. I also have two CV-17 level converters and was hopefull of using Logic9 to do the band/freq selection on both pieces of equipment to avoid the data collision problem when using a single CV-17 to allow logging and rig control. Commander by DXLabs offers this capability and was wondering if Logic9 could be configured to do the same? I've tried several of the ICOM protocols included with the rig set up function, but haven't been able to have Logic9 recognize the PW-1.

I realize that I could use Station Master by Microham, but this would be a serious overkill for my station.

Any thoughts?

Lee - K3DMG
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W7OO
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:47:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

I am using an IC-7800 and a PW-1 with a single CT-17. I just plug both the 7800 and the PW-1 into the CT-17 and it all works. LOGic is able to read the band/mode/freq from the radio and the radio and amp can be controlled by LOGic if you choose to do so.

Good luck,

Bill
W7OO

PS: I know the manual for the PW-1 says not to plug both the amp and radio into a CT-17 but they do not tell you how to accomplish hooking it all up. I called Icom tech support and they said there was no problem in plugging both the radio and amp into a single CT-17.

If I remember correctly I could not get it to work at a high baud rate. I believe I am using 9600 baud.
1 user thanked W7OO for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/23/2013(UTC)