logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOTW Upload Problem
N0AT
#1 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 8:59:27 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am having trouble uploading to LOTW. In the process, the exporting ADIF works. The error occurs when LOGIC calls TQSL. I get the error message: TQSL Warning You have no Station Locations defined. I click OK, and a window "Select Station Location for Signing" comes up with no selections. If I click New... or Cancel LOGic says THE TQSL program failed to make the TQ8 file.
If I run TQSL by itself I can see all my station locations by clicking Station, Edit Locations. I can run TQSL by itself and generate a TQ8 file. It offers me to select the location.
I recently changed my user account from administrator to standard user. Did this break LOGic?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:16:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

We had someone else who had an identical problem late last week, It turned out his certificate has expired.

Quote:
I recently changed my user account from administrator to standard user. Did this break LOGic?

I don't think so, or at least don't think it would cause this. Unfortunately the problem probably isn't with LOGic, so there isn't a lot that can be done from that end. Try running thru the process manually and see what you learn.

http://hosenose.com/Foru...ing-LoTW-and-LOGic.aspx

N0AT
#4 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:33:17 AM(UTC)

I checked to make sure my certificate had not expired.
I reviewed the help file.
I manually upload a file to LOTW: I made an ADIF file with LOGic's tools/export. I saved it on my hard drive. I ran the ARRL TQSL program and selected my ADIF file. I selected my station location. I saved the resulting .TQ8 file... It worked as expected.
The problem is when I try to upload from within LOGic I cannot select a station location. There are no station locations listed in the TQSL window that LOGic opens up.
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:48:44 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Strange -- LOGic just runs the TQSL program.... Are you saying the menu option is there, but no station locations show in the window?

Maybe I am wrong about Admin privileges. Try giving yourself admin rights again and see if that makes a difference.

DH
N0AT
#3 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:56:07 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi--

We had someone else who had an identical problem late last week, It turned out his certificate has expired.

Quote:

I don't think so, or at least don't think it would cause this. Unfortunately the problem probably isn't with LOGic, so there isn't a lot that can be done from that end. Try running thru the process manually and see what you learn.

http://hosenose.com/Foru...ing-LoTW-and-LOGic.aspx

I think changing my user account from administrator to standard user is what broke the LOTW upload. If I switch user to my admin account, then TQSL does not show the station locations. So, even though I am logged in as a standard user, it appears as though LOGic is using the admin account to call the TQSL program. (When I start LOGic I have to enter the admin password. I will not turn off UAC)
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 12:57:34 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Good detective work.

So you are saying that if TQSL starts with admin privileges, then it does not work, whether run from LOGic or not?

And most importantly, have you found a scenario in which LOGic will work?

If LOGic starts in admin mode, then it think it will start TQSL in admin mode -- I am just using the basic FoxPro RUN command. I suppose I could call an API or .NET to have more startup options.

Thanks,

Dennis

N0AT
#7 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 2:41:25 PM(UTC)

I think the problem has to do with accounts. I have two accounts on this computer. One is the account I use for normal computer use, it is a standard user account. The other account is an administrator account.

When I start LOGic using my standard user account a window pops up asking for my administrator account password. I type in the password and LOGic starts and everything runs normally. But I believe LOGic is now running under my administrator account.

TQSL and TQSLCert were installed in my standard user account. Now when LOGic is trying to upload to LOTW it invokes TQSL, but TQSL can't find the station locations or certs because they are not in the expected locations.

As a temporary fix, I copied all the folders and files from C:\users\Ron\AppData\Roaming\TrustedQSL to C:\users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\TrustedQSL. Now the upload to LOTW works. But I have the TQSL and TQSLCert in two locations. This might make maintenance a problem.

The reason I believe LOGic is running under my administrator account is, after the temporary fix, the browser window is configured as the one in my admin account, not the one in my standard user account.

To summarize: I start LOGic in standard user mode, but it runs in administrator mode. And any program it calls runs in administrator mode.