logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Program error OLE dispatch
w7gtf
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2023 10:27:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Dennis helped me solve the 1429 Error reported earlier by repeatedly downloading the .16 update and rebooting the computer. That however, has left me with a different Program Error. When I enter a callsign in the log form and press the tab key, the call comes up in the Callbook form but I also get an OLE Dispatch exception code 0 from WebDriver : disconnected not connected to DevTools.
(failed to check if window was closed:disconnected and connected to DevTools)

To log another contact I have to hit the Ignore Button, which is time consuming when logging multiple contacts such as in FT-8 as the error message is hidden behind the FT-8 screen. Hitting the HELP button does not get a response.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you and 73, Ron/W7GTF
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 3:12:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Ron:

Sorry, I don't even know what DevTools is.

Let's isolate the WebDriver problem from the callbook problem. Upen the info form, and select a country. Click the CIA button. What error do you get?

Which browser are you using? Try a different default browser and see if that clears it up.

As for the callbook, which callbook are you using? From a previous email exchange, I remember QRZ Web Subscription. If that's the case, this is especially perplexing, as the QRZ XML Subscription interface does not use a web browser interface. That said, make sure the QRZ checkbox on the callbook form is NOT checked. This feature simply causes any call that is looked up to be displayed on a QRZ.COM web page in a browser. ALSO, make sure you have QRZ XML Subscription enabled, NOT QRZ.COM

Let me know.

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY
w7gtf
#3 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 7:06:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Dennis

I use Microsoft Edge as the browser, Unchecking QRZ made all the difference. Seems like I have always had that checked and when I open Logic 10.16, it opens a browser which I don't need. Now the program does not open the brower. I still have left unchecked BIO and Picture as they don't seem necessary. All seems well again.

As always, Thank you.

Ron
1 user thanked w7gtf for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/21/2023(UTC)