logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

I admit, I did follow your instructions
ka5swc
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2023 1:05:33 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Good morning Denis, in my tired exhaustion, I downloaded and ran the LOGic 10 update without reading down the email. It seemed I was ONLY to update the license, but instead I think I loaded the whole file. So now when I try to run it, I get the error message saying "Cannot locate the Microsoft FoxPro support library." What do I need to do?

Mea culpa,
73's de KA5SWC
John Wojtasczyk

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
ka5swc
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2023 9:08:01 AM(UTC)

Man

Sorry, I just noticed that I mistyped the topic. It should have read:

I admit, I did NOT follow your instructions

I could not even type the topic correctly, ha ha!

Thanks again for all your help over the years.

73's de KA5SWC

WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2023 8:45:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

You didn't do anything wrong. The new option to install the license file only is just a convenience. We would still recommend reinstalling everything if we suspected a missing or corrupt file for instance.

I downloaded your update, and it installed fine, including the new LOGic 10 Visual Foxpo Library (vfpar.dll), and LOGic.exe.

For the heck of it, I deleted the support library vfpar.dll in an attempt to reproduce the error you got. I got a little different error: "Cannot locate the Visual FoxPro Advanced support library." So I am guessing what happened is that you were upgrading from LOGic 9. The new support library got installed, but the old LOGic 9 exe was left. The installer was unable to delete it for some reason.

So, here is how I would go about trying to fix it. Reboot the computer, then reinstall your update. Do the whole thing, not just the license file. Watch for any errors.

Another possibility is to just install the latest update. Normally you do this from help/check for updates. But since LOGic isn't running, look in the Windows Start Menu under LOGic for LOGic Updater. Run that and update.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ka5swc
#4 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 9:14:40 PM(UTC)

Man

Well, I kinda got it working, but I am still having problems. After realizing, if it ain't working, how much more can it get worse!BigGrin I uninstalled Logic 10, found an old update, it happen to be Logic 9.1.1. I ran the installation and it installed! It just did not work because the "License" was expired. So I ran the Logic 10 as a full install, and it bombed as before, with the same error message of not being able to find the Visual FoxPro. So I repeated the whole process to the point of running the Logic 10 update, but this time I only had it update the license, and it works. Only, that it is Logic 9.1.1. I ran the help/check for updates, and it got this strange message about exceeding message handling. I took a screenshot and I hope that I was able to attach it to this message. If I am the odd duck in this case, would it be possible for me to purchase Logic 10 on disc and just do a complete clean install? Just thinking out and around the box. I may take a chance and call this week to see if anybody happens to pick up. Thank you for your years of dedication and patience!

73's de KA5SWC
John Wojtasczyk

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi--

You didn't do anything wrong. The new option to install the license file only is just a convenience. We would still recommend reinstalling everything if we suspected a missing or corrupt file for instance.

I downloaded your update, and it installed fine, including the new LOGic 10 Visual Foxpo Library (vfpar.dll), and LOGic.exe.

For the heck of it, I deleted the support library vfpar.dll in an attempt to reproduce the error you got. I got a little different error: "Cannot locate the Visual FoxPro Advanced support library." So I am guessing what happened is that you were upgrading from LOGic 9. The new support library got installed, but the old LOGic 9 exe was left. The installer was unable to delete it for some reason.

So, here is how I would go about trying to fix it. Reboot the computer, then reinstall your update. Do the whole thing, not just the license file. Watch for any errors.

Another possibility is to just install the latest update. Normally you do this from help/check for updates. But since LOGic isn't running, look in the Windows Start Menu under LOGic for LOGic Updater. Run that and update.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
File Attachment(s):
Logic Upgrade Error 1.doc (737kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
ka5swc
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2023 4:43:01 PM(UTC)

Man

Hi Dennis, just a quick heads up and I am sure this is tied together, but Logic 9.1.1 seems to somewhat "unpredictably unpredictable," crashes, and shutdown. I have not seen a pattern to this, which is why I am guessing that it goes back to the way I was able to get it "somewhat" working again. As I work away during the week, it will not be till next Friday afternoon, CST, that I will be able to work on this.

Thanks again,
John/KA5SWC
ka5swc
#6 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 6:37:50 PM(UTC)

Man

Would it be easier for me to download a clean Logic 10 instead of trying to fix whatever is wrong with my downloaded update?

Just a thought.

Thanks,

John/KA5SWC
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 8:22:19 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi John:

I tested your new update, and it is fine. I would be happy to send you another, but I doubt it would fix anything, and just add to the frustration. Somehow, part of the old LOGic 9 is remaining in the picture.

I can make an appointment with you Fri afternoon. I don't think it will take me long to fix it.

If you want to do a clean install, which I think is a good idea at this point, copy your Program Files (x86)\LOGic folder to another drive for safekeeping. Now uninstall LOGic. Then, DELETE the Program Files (x86)\LOGic folder. Now, install your latest update. That's how I tested your download here BTW.

It should work now. It is just a matter of restoring your data. You can get a copy from the LOGic folder you copied. It is in the LOGDATA subfolder. Copy LOG.DBF & LOG.FPT & log.cdx to the new logdata folder. Other non-log data, reports, setup, etc. can also be restored.

But I would be more than happy to log in and fix it for you. 770-307-1511.

https://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx

I apologize for the problems, and appreciate your continued patience.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ka5swc
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 6:49:31 PM(UTC)

Man

Yes, to be on the safe side, please send me the link again!

Thank you,

John/KA5SWC

WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 8:52:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
ka5swc on 1/27/2023(UTC)
ka5swc
#10 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 10:57:09 PM(UTC)

Man

I wanted to let you know that the "clean install" did the trick! After a few hours on the air and trying to reconfigure my screen, everything appears stable!

Thank you so much for your time and help!

73's de John/KA5SWC
WN4AZY
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2023 8:57:32 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for your patience!