logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

eQSL upload problems with multiple location logins
w2zi
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2022 10:59:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Recently upgraded to LOGic 10.0.8 (from 9.21.4), uploading to eQSL is not working quite right. Unlike LoTW that combines logs from all previous calls/locations, eQSL has you make seperate 'logs' for each call/location. In my case WA2UZI in Brooklyn, NY thorugh 2006, got my vanity call while still in Brooklyn, then moved to Florida. This means I had to make three logins. For the W2ZI login, I have to use the Open in browser button, then select Brooklyn or Florida. I can then proceed with the upload or download.

It worked in LOGic 9, not working on 10. It seems after I have logged in, it then opens a second browser window that's loggedin but has bypassed the location selection and then fails. Version 9 did not appear to open another window so things worked. The WA2UZI login works fine with LOGic though I only do a download every 6 months (not too many old-timers entering all their old logs).

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks & 73s,
Don King, W2ZI
ex WA2UZI, ex-ex K1LTQ

PS: Forgot to mention I'm running Windows 10, plenty of RAM and disk space. Default browser is Firefox 105 with geckodriver 0.31.0.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 7:50:45 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

What do you mean by three logins? Three users (callsigns) and passwords?

As a test, you can backgrade to an early version of 10 before we used Webdriver to use Edge, etc as the browser. Back when we still used Internet Explorer. That change might have broken something. I don't think there is anything specific to LOGic 10 per se.

I think it's best if I log in and and take a look at this.

https://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
w2zi
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2022 12:59:47 PM(UTC)

Man

When I log into eQSL, I can put the user as WA2UZI or W2ZI with appropriate password, When I login with W2ZI, the browser screen asks me to select Brooklyn, NY or Daytona Beach, FL. I select the appropriate one and go back to the LOGic dialog and tell it to proceed. It appears to open a second browser window which seems not to be logged in or at least does not know about the location selection I've made. This fails. The WA2UZI login, my old call, was through 12/4/1996. As this login has only one location, it works just fine. QSOs from 12/18/1996 through 5/26/2000 were W2ZI in Brooklyn. I was then off the air for a year. As of 5/26/2001, I was up and running as W2ZI in Daytona Beach. Hence, two logins, the W2ZI with 2 locations.

73s, Don
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2022 3:08:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks for your call. For everyone's FYI, we couldn't reproduce the problem. We ran LOGic, clicked the OPEN EQSL IN WEB BROWSER. We selected the appropriate radio button from the web page, and waited for login to complete. Then we clicked the IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB button. 10.0.8 with Firefox browser.

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY
w2zi
#5 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2022 9:00:49 AM(UTC)

Man

Thanks for the support time but it turns out there's still a hitch that did not show up durring the support session. After a few hours we tried the download with pictures. It did confirm a couple of QSOs but when it came to gettings the pictures, the browser window just said we were not authorized to view that picture. The command line of the browser looked correct with callsigns, dates, etc. looking good. Since I've seen this in the forum on-and-off for ages, I'll wait a bit before trying again.

Thanks again
Don