logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Getting the COM port correct so Logic will start.
KA1J
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 9:38:19 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I'm about to fire up the K4 but I have a concern when it comes to starting Logic. I need multiple ports. The radio creates one but then I need ports for Logic, MMTTY, N1MM JTDX WSJT-X (I don't recall if the USB winkey creates its own). I used to use Larry Phelps LP Bridge but it didn't give enough virtual ports. I finally bought Win4K3 just for the virtual ports it permitted. WIn4K3 does not work with the K4. There is supposedly a K4 version being worked on. With that, I'll have the needed ports again.

So... When I start Logic it requires I either have it set up with no port, or with a port selected. No port selected, logic starts rapidly but there is no connection to the radio. If I indeed have a port selected but that port is incorrect or there's a problem with the port, logic hangs during startup (The last thing to appear is the frequency display but it stops and is greyed out) while looking for the port and will not continue loading. In the same vein, if I go to tools setup and make a mistake with selecting a working port, logic restarts/resets itself and again, it will hang without the named port working.

How can I get Logic to open if there is a port conflict and Logic won't finish coming to the desktop?

Thanks!

Gary
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2021 2:41:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Gary:

Sorry for the problem. LOGic SHOULD report an error and continue. Or more precisely, Windows should report an error to LOGic and LOGic should forward it. I'll experiment.

To get into the program: The port assignment is in the .INI files. c:\program files (x86)\LOGic\Radio9.ini. Just manually edit it with Notepad. Change

Port=COM4

to simply

Port=

That will prevent LOGic from trying to open that port.

You might have to copy radio9.ini onto your desktop, edit it, then copy it back to c:\program files (x86)\LOGic

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY

KA1J
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:56:30 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the info, I'll do that.

Cheers & 73,

Gary
KA1J
1 user thanked KA1J for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 9/15/2021(UTC)