logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Automatic memberships copy
W5GA
#1 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 10:25:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Hey Dennis......is there going to be a version 10 at some point? It's been 9 years now since this last release, I'm sure inquiring minds would like to know (like mine!!).

73 Doug W5GA
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 9:18:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Doug:

Thanks for your inquiry.

Some time ago we discontinued the practice of major updates, and instead are focusing on continuous, steady improvement. There have been many many updates in the past ten years, some of them significant, with more significant features coming. The last update was only about a month ago, and it is getting time for another.

Windows 10 itself follows this pattern. https://en.wikipedia.org...dows_10_version_history
As is much of the industry. Technology has stabilized. There is no longer the need to do rewrites to support a Graphical User Interface (Windows), or take advantage of virtually unlimited RAM or disk space, or radically new development tools.

Let me know if any questions.

Dennis WN4AZY

1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
W5GA on 3/11/2021(UTC)
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 7:22:39 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hi Dennis,
I agree with your philosophy regarding release updates. Better to take care of the efficiency of the product than the external formal aspect.
I link to this statement to point out again that by massively using the adif transfer of qso carried out in contest in the Logic you get the result of updating your log without any data other than those essential for the formal qso.
It follows that to complete the registration, manual operations must be carried out, even if some automated with the program.
By inserting a qso in real time, the program, in addition to checking the callbook, also checks and fills in the fields that refer to the membership database.
My question is to ask if in fact it would correspond to a solution that would increase the efficiency of the Logging operations if during the transfer of the adif file the program would simulate that the qso was inserted in real time, producing the filling of all the fields concerned?
Or, in another hypothesis, have a .prg file that processes the QSOs added via adif in the log to update everything that refers to the membership and avoid doing it manually one QSO at a time by displaying the data relating to the call in the membership window?
I am honest but this thing takes me a lot of time and in the long run, with massive radio activity, it becomes very heavy.
I hope I have highlighted something that could be improved, but I can also be wrong.

Sorry Doug for using your tread but speaking of efficiency I think I am in the right context. Tnx

P.S.
Some time ago I asked a question on how to manage the WAIP field with its description that did not remain stored but will probably have escaped you. If what is requested is not possible to realize it, it is enough to know that I am abandoning my project.

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
2 users thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/8/2021(UTC), w2zi on 5/13/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 8:26:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Mauro:

Yes, good idea doing the Memberships lookup for ADIF import. I will do that, hopefully in the next release.

I remember the discussion of WAIP. I will look thru this forum to refresh my memory and get back to you.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 10:31:23 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Memberships Lookup for ADIF Import:

Sorry, it won't be in this new update coming out hopefully today. I have started coding it, and should be in the next update.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
IK0CHU on 4/8/2021(UTC)
IK0CHU
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 4:59:17 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Great Dennis,
but please do not forget to add a button in the Logform to process a QSO at a time, if you need it outside of the import. It is important to process old QSOs already entered.
Thank you for what you are doing for our community.

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/9/2021(UTC)
K2WH
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 7:21:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Dennis,

As a long time user of Logic, thanks for your work.

I recently started to work the satellites and Logic (AFAIK), it seems Logic is not suited or configured for satellite contact for uploads to LoTw.

Any ideas for including or providing a remedy for this in your next release ?

Bill
K2WH
1 user thanked K2WH for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/24/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:45:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I added Memberships lookup to ADIF and Generic import. Also, the FIX STUFF mic utility has an option to look up membership data. There is also a new Log/Fix QSO option on the log form. It updates everything that FIX STUFF does, plus memberships.

http://distribution.hose.../LOGicUpdate_9.21.4.exe

This is the next update. There are no problems with it that I know of, but want to hammer on it for another few days before releasing it. The under-the-hood changes to implement this was quite extensive. If any problems, simply install 9.21.3.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
IK0CHU on 6/17/2021(UTC)
IK0CHU
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 4:38:49 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
you gave me great news. Thank you.
Now I make a nice backup, as you have always advised since the cover of your first manual, and I immediately get to work to test the new version.
I was asking you in advance to know if the updates related to merberships take effect only if the values ​​are present in the active mask or are they updated regardless of their presence in the logform? Thanks again.

Mauro IKØCHU
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#10 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 8:21:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi--

Thanks for testing it.

If you are using the FIX QSO from the log form, it only looks up memberships that are displayed on the log form. So if you do not have QCWA# on the log form, it will not be looked up.

If you import or do FIX STUFF, it will do everything, since there is no log form in play. However, it still honors filters of course. It will not ever do 1010# on 40M for example.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
IK0CHU
#11 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 9:13:58 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,

after the installation the system responded with error mode. In the past i made mods in modes list for some digital qsos but now, installing the version, that personal mods are discarded because missing the option to retain.

This night i transfered by adif mode 141 qso as usual and tried at first the option FIX STUFF and i received the warning attached. Pushing OK another warning appears. I have had to choose CTRL+ALT+DEL to exit.
I dont understand what is wrong here or missing.

About the filters you mentioned where I can operate to use filling only italian membership fields that i create into italian logform as WAIP,SEZ,ASC,MDXC during the FIX STUFF?

At moment i downgrade the version at my desktop where i normally work in radio and I will continue to try into another laptop with the same datas.

I dont know if will be possible to make a little video during testing step by step.

Thanks for attention.

73's de Mauro IKØCHU
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot1054.jpg (37kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
ScreenShot1050.jpg (66kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
ScreenShot1051.jpg (50kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
ScreenShot1052.jpg (67kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
ScreenShot1053.jpg (52kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#12 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 10:30:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sorry. I think I found the problem. Please download and install .4 again.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
wa4pgm on 6/18/2021(UTC)
IK0CHU
#13 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 5:15:43 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
I tried the membership upgrade features.
These are my findings.
ADIF import phase:
In the input mask, if you enter the membership search activation flag, the same has no effect. That is, if you put on or leave it free, nothing changes. Imports as usual.
FIXSTUFF:
It works perfectly. However, I have some suggestions if you think it might be useful. Some CALLS are present in many membership lists and I was thinking that the filling of the record of 255 characters could occur, frustrating subsequent implementations. So if possible in the FIXSTUFF phase you can decide which lists to import or maybe create a momentary personal table to identify which lists are most needed. I also noticed, for example in the field that I created MNG, that if someone has changed manager over the years, the program always takes the first one it finds in the archive. I differentiated the period of the manager by putting the year in the "name" field of the membership list, maybe I was wrong but I didn't know how to do it. In this way, however, during the QSO processing phase, I can view all the data that interest me in the membership window and choose what to insert in the logform.
FIXQSO:
It works. A function key should also be enabled to execute the command. However, I noticed that it does not consider the fields present in the form but in any case updates everything that interests the name on the form. If the field exists it is displayed otherwise it can be seen in the userfields window.

REALTIME QSO LOGGING:
It does not perform any research but you have to do FIXQSO later.

That's all for now and it seems to me there is nothing more to say than a big thank you for your time that you are dedicating to us.

73's de Mauro IKØCHU
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot1055.jpg (22kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 6/22/2021(UTC)
W5GA
#15 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 5:17:14 PM(UTC)

Dennis, if you run the updater program, it is still pointing to 9.21.3

73, Doug W5GA
WN4AZY
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 8:10:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: W5GA Go to Quoted Post

73, Doug W5GA

Correct -- this is by design. I haven't released .4 yet.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 1:33:32 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
I tried the membership upgrade features.
These are my findings.

Thanks for testing it.

Quote:
ADIF import phase:
In the input mask, if you enter the membership search activation flag, the same has no effect. That is, if you put on or leave it free, nothing changes. Imports as usual.

Fixed. Please download and install again.

Quote:
FIXSTUFF:
It works perfectly. However, I have some suggestions if you think it might be useful. Some CALLS are present in many membership lists and I was thinking that the filling of the record of 255 characters could occur, frustrating subsequent implementations. So if possible in the FIXSTUFF phase you can decide which lists to import or maybe create a momentary personal table to identify which lists are most needed.
What I did was require that the ADIF IMPORT be turned on for membership lookup to work. I figure that if you don't want to import say QCWA#:, then you probably don't want it looked up either. So any memberships you want to look up, go to tools/setup/log fields, and make sure ADIF IMPORT is turned on.

The command to mass-change them all: Go to tools/setup/database commands:

USE LOGFIELDS
REPLACE IMPORT WITH .T. FOR MEMBERSHIP

BTW, next release I plan to double the 254-character limit.

Quote:

FIXQSO:
It works. A function key should also be enabled to execute the command. However, I noticed that it does not consider the fields present in the form but in any case updates everything that interests the name on the form. If the field exists it is displayed otherwise it can be seen in the userfields window.
I will look for an available hot key.

I am seeing also that it ignores the layout of the log form. It works exactly like the FIX STUFF misc util. I don't see a clean way to fix it at this point. It sort of makes sense that it does the same as FIX STUFF (which cannot use a log form since one my not be open), except just on the current QSO.

Quote:
REALTIME QSO LOGGING:
It does not perform any research but you have to do FIXQSO later.
Right. I figure that if you are logging a new QSO, the logging form will look up everything that you want. FIX QSO is more for handling imported data.

Quote:
I also noticed, for example in the field that I created MNG, that if someone has changed manager over the years, the program always takes the first one it finds in the archive. I differentiated the period of the manager by putting the year in the "name" field of the membership list, maybe I was wrong but I didn't know how to do it. In this way, however, during the QSO processing phase, I can view all the data that interest me in the membership window and choose what to insert in the logform.
Did you create your own membership list named MNG? Do you have the same call in the list more than once? Rather than add a new record when a manager changes, you update the old record with the new data?

Quote:
That's all for now and it seems to me there is nothing more to say than a big thank you for your time that you are dedicating to us.
You are most welcome. Thanks for YOUR help!

Dennis WN4AZY
W5GA
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 8:10:21 PM(UTC)

Dennis, is there a way to import this into the busted call lookup?

http://supercheckpartial.com/

73, Doug W5GA
1 user thanked W5GA for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 6/22/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 10:51:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi--

Any of the .SCP files will work as-is. Really no need to import them per se.

Thanks for the link.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 7:59:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

It's there now.

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: W5GA Go to Quoted Post

73, Doug W5GA

Correct -- this is by design. I haven't released .4 yet.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

IK0CHU
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 9:39:48 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
thanks for the new official version.
Yes, I created a new MNG (Manager) userfield because I didn't know how to use the VIA field as it is a system field. When a DX station changes Manager I add a new record with the new manager and put the year in the NAME field. This is to view the history of changes. Do you think it is more correct to replace the new manager leaving only one record for DXCALL in order to make the most of the automatic search for membership?

TIA

Mauro IKØCHU
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot1057.jpg (10kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro