logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

World Map - spots don't initially fill
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 7:27:18 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 178 time(s) in 159 post(s)
I noticed that when LOGic initially loads the Band Map fills with spots but the World Map does not show any spots at all. The next download of Spots starts filling the World Map and all seems as normal. Previous versions when LOGic is launched the Band Map fills with spots followed by the World Map showing those spots. Just an FYI

Brad, N8GLS
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5GA
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 10:36:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Originally Posted by: n8gls Go to Quoted Post
I noticed that when LOGic initially loads the Band Map fills with spots but the World Map does not show any spots at all. The next download of Spots starts filling the World Map and all seems as normal. Previous versions when LOGic is launched the Band Map fills with spots followed by the World Map showing those spots. Just an FYI

Brad, N8GLS

Interesting. I have ALWAYS had to stop and restart the world map.

73 Doug W5GA
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 7:42:51 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Doug,

Never had to do that. All works here, just when LOGic launches the Band Map fills with spots but the World Map doesn't show them, its empty, then after the second spot download the World Map will start displaying spots. Versions 9.21.2 and prior at launch the Band Map would fill and the World Map would follow.

Not sure what your spot download interval is set to, mine is 1 minute, maybe leave the World Map on when closing LOGic so it loads when LOGic launches, then see if it populates with any spots (assuming there are any...hihi), if none let it sit for a couple download intervals. You probably tired that so sorry if its a "been there, done that" thing.

Dennis I'm sure will chime in on that one...

73, Brad N8GLS

PS: Hope Dennis doesn't change my forum name to "NitPicky"....
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 8:24:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 483 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Hi--

As I understand it, both the world map and band map only get populated if they are open when a spot comes in. My testing confirms this. I had some spots in the spot log. I open world map and band map, and get NOTHING. Until some new spots come in. So are you saying that if all spot sources are turned off (Webcluster, telnet, ....) you still get spots in the band and/or world map when LOGic starts?

Quote:
PS: Hope Dennis doesn't change my forum name to "NitPicky"....
Seriously, it is appreciated!

Quote:
Interesting. I have ALWAYS had to stop and restart the world map.
Shouldn't have to do that.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 4:44:21 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

I have the Spot Log, Band Map and World Map all open on Logic's desktop and they all automatically open each time LOGic launches. When LOGic launches it downloads the 1st batch of spots in the Spot Log, the Band Map displays those new spots but the World Map doesn't display anything. At the 2nd download interval (mine is set to one minute) the Spot Log gets its 2nd fill of new spots, the Band Map displays them in addition to those from the 1st download but the World Map displays ONLY those spots from the 2nd download, the 1st downloaded spots are "lost". In previous versions, LOGic would launch, the Spot Log gets its 1st download batch of spots and they would display on both the Band Map AND the World Map. Its like the World Map isn't getting populated with any spots from the 1st download at all. I can create a video if that would help.

Not sure if Doug see's the same thing as he apparently has to re-start the World Map to see any spots displayed.

Brad, N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/21/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 9:48:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, I think I see what is going on. I think it has something to do with the order the forms are opened. If I start LOGic with no spot sources selected, the band map and world map come up blank as expected. I post a test spot using the Spot Log form. The spot shows up on both.

But if I open both the band map and world map, and DX Summit, then restart LOGic, the band map populates on the first load from DX Summit. The Word map waits for the second load. So I think the window opening on LOGic startup happens as follows: 1. Band Map. 2. DX Summit. 3. World map. I need to open both maps before DX Summit and other sources.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 4/22/2021(UTC)
K8ZM
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:44:53 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Sorry, I should have noted the form order load, but exactly what I see, Band Map, Spot Log then World Map.

Brad, N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/22/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 7:35:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I fixed it here. It will be in the next update.

Tnx & 73,

DH
2 users thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 4/22/2021(UTC), W5GA on 4/24/2021(UTC)