logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Updating subscription problem
K7UA
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2021 3:41:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I have Logic9 on two different machines. My main log is a 100k QSOs on a Windows 7 machine. I also have a small club station log of about 5K QSOs on a Windows 10 machine. I was running version 9.21.1 ok on both systems. My subscription is up for renewal and I received a new setup.exe file ok. During installation I had the same small problem on both machines. "An error occurred while trying to create a file in destination directory: Access denied. There are four files going into C:/Windows/system32. They are TVicPort.dll, wsc32.dll, TVICPORT.VXD and TVICPORT.SYS. I just skipped each of them. The installations both appear to be totally functional with the features that I use. A reinstallation update of 9.21.1 gives the same errors. At first I thought it was Norton Anti-Virus messing it up, so I disabled it. I also ran the setup file as administrator. Made no difference. I don't know if it even matters since it is working fine, but I am wondering if I have some hidden issue because of it. Obviously the system32 directory is like sacred ground to Windows. Thanks and 73, Bryce K7UA
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 11:26:19 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Not sure why LOGic can't replace these files. Turning off antivirus is a good move. Rebooting just before installation would be another suggestion. You COULD try manually deleting them before a new install.

BUT, there is no need. These files haven't changed since before LOGic9 has been out.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K7UA
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 1:35:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

None of these files exist in my System32 directory on either the Windows 7 or 10 machines.