logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Problem trying to import from eQSL
K4MV
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2020 6:02:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have no problem uploading to eQSL from Logic 9.20.15, however, I cannot import from eQSL to Logic. I keep getting the message "Error: No such Username/Password found. This could mean the wrong callsign or the wrong password, or the user does not exist." I've tried reentering the ID and password I use that works with the upload but have had no success with the import.

Mark
K4MV
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
wa4pgm
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2020 6:36:04 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Can you login to eQSL using that username/password?

If so, great! That confirms it does work. So while using LOGic type in your password in LoTw Web Password and Verify. See if that works and let us know.
73 Kyle
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 12/31/2020(UTC)
K4MV
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 12:34:51 PM(UTC)

If I understood you correctly, from within LOGic I selected "Import eQSL QSLs" and then selected "Open eQSL site in browser". I was able to successfully log into eQSL from within that browser. I have no problem using my login credentials from within LOGic to upload to eQSL. I am still unable to download/import eQSL data into LOGic.

Mark
K4MV
wa4pgm
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 2:26:23 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Try this:

Click QSLing
Click eQSLs QSL

Type Username
Type EQSL Web Password
Type in password to Verify

Click Import directly from web

Does this work??
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/7/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 5:41:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
There could be a problem with the encoding of the password, if it contains any special characters. Let me know if your password contains anything other than digits or letters.

If not, this might give you clue as to the problem.

Fill in your call and password. Right-click the IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB button. That puts the URL that logic uses to retrieve your data into the clipboard.

Paste into the address bar of the browser. See if it creates the file or not, what error you get....

Tnx/73,

Dennis
K4MV
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 5:44:15 PM(UTC)

It does not work. I get the message "Error: No such Username/Password found. This could mean the wrong callsign or the wrong password, or the user does not exist." This is even though I'm using the same username (K4MV) and password that I used to successfully upload to eQSL.

Mark
K4MV
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 10:04:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

You didn't let me know if your password has any special characters or not. Let's assume it does. I fixed 9.21.1 to properly encode the a password containing non-alphanumeric characters. Please download and install that again.

If you right-click the IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB button, and paste the result into a browser, and it still says bad user/pass, then LOGic is out of the picture. The problem is with eQSL.

Call me and I can log in and take a look.
http://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx

Let me know!

Tnx/73,

WN4AZY
K4MV
#8 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 8:25:57 PM(UTC)

Dennis,
Thanks for your time today to work through my eQSL download issue:
1. Your fix of the non-alphanumeric characters in the password fixed my LOGic problem.
2. I verified that having multiple eQSL accounts is not a problem when using LOGic provided each eQSL account has a different password. I verified this with my K4MV account by changing the password for one of them and was then able to successfully import from eQSL without LOGic thinking there was more than one account.
3. As we also discovered, there is an issue with the import from eQSL showing some QSL's as "not in the log" when they are. This appears to be due to the LOGic import page having a different "operator" call sign (e.g., K4MV) then what was used in the account that was being imported (e.g., N5AHS). This is in spite of the correct operator call sign showing in the ADI file from the eQSL account being accessed.

Thanks again,
Mark
K4MV
1 user thanked K4MV for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/11/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 8:59:27 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Mark:

Quote:
This appears to be due to the LOGic import page having a different "operator" call sign (e.g., K4MV) then what was used in the account that was being imported (e.g., N5AHS). This is in spite of the correct operator call sign showing in the ADI file from the eQSL account being accessed.
I reproduced it here and fixed it. It will be in the next update, coming in a few days.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY