logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

QRZ Subscription login failure
K4MV
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 3:28:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I just upgraded to LOGic version 9.20.11. When I try and look up a callsign using my "QRZ XML Subscription" I get a popup asking for my "QRZ Web Subscription" information, which used to be there. When I enter it I get the message that the "Login failed. For an explanation, please review the XML response from QRZ, which is displayed in the callbook window." When I look in the callbook window I see the following:

QRZ Subscription login failure:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<QRZDatabase version="1.33" xmlns="http://xmldata.qrz.com">
<Session>
<Key>e282c56f1f5213e1a4d4892d0529c423</Key>
<Count>1238</Count>
<SubExp>non-subscriber</SubExp>
<GMTime>Tue Oct 27 20:14:05 2020</GMTime>
<Remark>cpu: 0.150s</Remark>
</Session>
</QRZDatabase>

I can login to QRZ with the login information I used in LOGic. I was a Platinum QRZ Subscriber and this worked with no problem. I recently upgraded to a lifetime subscription and now it doesn't work. I don't know if this is a new version of LOGic issue or a new QRZ subscription issue, or something else. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Mark
K4MV
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 10:18:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Mark:

I think that QRZ mistakenly thinks you are not a subscriber.

Try this: Enter this into the address of any web browser:

http://xmldata.qrz.com/x...ssword=mysecretpassword

substituting your call and password of course. You will probably get back exactly the same thing that LOGic is returning.

If so, contact QRZ with the URL and response. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K4MV
#3 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 3:42:52 PM(UTC)

Dennis,
I've been on a business trip so not in a position to get this resolved until now. I contacted QRZ and was told,

"I'm sorry for the trouble. I have double checked your account, and everything is set up properly on our end. You can test your QRZ lookup subscription at any time here: http://xmldata.qrz.com/xcheck
If you can perform lookups at the link above, your QRZ subscription is live and you will need to contact the creator of Logic 9 to troubleshoot where things are going wrong."

I used the XML data check link QRZ provided and was able to successfully access call sign data. I now find myself stuck between the two of you and hoping you can help resolve this situation.

Mark K4MV
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 9:42:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

We did run into a problem with LoTW where it would fail if the password contained some non-alphanumeric characters. LOGic was not encoding them correctly. That is a possibility here I suppose. Does your password contain anything like + or % or ?, etc?

If so I will apply that fix to LoTW. If not...

Does the test in my last post work? Click on the link, then substitute your actual callsign and password, then resubmit.

If that doesn't work, please email me a screen shot of it and I will contact QRZ. Or email me your user and password.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K4MV
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 9:32:59 AM(UTC)

Dennis,
My password is alphanumeric with no special characters so the LOTW fix you mentioned is not likely to help.

Using http://xmldata.qrz.com/x...sword=mysecretpassword, substituting my callsign and password, I get information that is virtually identical to what LOGic was giving me that I mentioned in my first post. This is what I got this time using the xmldata.qrz.com link you asked me to use:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<QRZDatabase version="1.34">
<Session>
<Key>68cf549faac320a7de1c3a260e9239eb</Key>
<Count>1239</Count>
<SubExp>non-subscriber</SubExp>
<GMTime>Thu Nov 26 14:17:51 2020</GMTime>
<Remark>cpu: 0.108s</Remark>
</Session>
</QRZDatabase>

If you need my logon and password information to help resolve this, let me know and I will provide it to you.

Mark
K4MV
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 9:03:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

If a browser gives the same error then I don't see how the problem could be with LOGic.

Please email me your user and password. I'll contact QRZ.

DH