logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VE Prov
K7PDW
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:30:55 AM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Has anyone else ran across this besides me and if so do you have a resolution?
The address have the correct abbreviation but the <VE PROV> is wrong. I am using LOGic V9.20.9
Following are a two examples.

<address:50:m>WILLIAM FRY
BOX 135
TWILLINGATE, NL A0G 4M0
CANADA
<ve prov:2>NF <eor>

<address:65:m>Nazaire Simon
605 TAMARACK DRIVE
LABRADOR CITY, NL A2V 2V2
Canada
<ve prov:2>LB

I use JTAlert with WSJTx and it will track various awards but it looks for the <STATE:2> . . . to track VE Provinces. I've been correcting the exported file with a text editor to change <ve prov:2> . . . to <STATE:2> . . . and that is when I discovered the above errors.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 5:34:46 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi David,

Yes, I found several myself going back several years. NL (Newfoundland and Labrador) combined NF (Newfoundland) and LB (labrador) some years ago. After checking LOGic's list of valid values for VE Province, there is no entry for NL (Newfoundland and Labrador), seems like the ARRL Sections were revised back when those provinces were combined but not the VE Province entries. I worked ARRL SS and the VE Province for NL was logged as the ARRL Section BUT the VE Prov entry for the same QSO was LB (or NF as the case may be). One could revise the list of valid values, just need the dates those changes were initiated so as to maintain credit accuracy in the log. I believe the entries for the ARRL Section changes would have the dates and could just be copied. Then mass changing NF and LB from those dates to NL would make the log current. I'm sure Dennis will chime in with "a fix will be in the next update" unless were both missing something.

73 de Brad, N8GLS

PS: Good catch, I never would have noticed otherwise !

EDIT: Appears the Prefix Table for VO1 and VO2 also needs tweeking
Dec 06 2001 Province name change from "Newfoundland" to "Newfoundland and Labrador".
LB was "commonly" used for Labrador prior to 2002

FWIW anyways
K7PDW
#3 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 7:12:55 AM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thanks Brad for the info. I'd have never caught it if I had not started tracking VE provinces. I know Dennis is working the VE PROV: to STATE: change so hopefully this got flagged soon enough for him to fix it at the same time.
2 users thanked K7PDW for this useful post.
K8ZM on 8/28/2020(UTC), WN4AZY on 8/31/2020(UTC)