logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hard Drive Crashed and Logic will no longer update
KK5DO
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 3:23:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I worked field day this past weekend, first time I have been on the satellites and logged anything since 2017. All worked fine. Then when I got up Monday morning, the computer would no longer boot. I have an NAS and I also clone the drive periodically. I put the cloned drive in (last clone was 4/23/20). Then after it booted, put the defective drive in (data was fine, just would not boot). I copied all the files from things I know I need, like the entire Logic Directory. The program ran and came up but still showed the last contact being in 2017 (which was the last logged contact before filed day 2020). I then went to update and it thought I had not paid for the update. I saved the file you sent along back when I paid for a renewal in March, 2020. I ran that, then copied everything in the logdata directory to the current drive and my log came back. That is all fine.

I then went to update and I get the error.
mscorlib: The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded. To increase the quota use the MaxReceivedMesageSize property on the appropriate binding element. Then has a stack trace that goes on for some 30-40 lines.

Any suggestions?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 8:09:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry for the problem.

Please download the attached file, unzip, and save the file (InstallLogicUpdate.exe.config) to c:\program files (x86)\LOGic\assembly

There is already a file of that name there. Overwrite it.

Hope you had a good 4th.

Tnx & 73

Dennis WN4AZY
File Attachment(s):
InstallLOGicUpdate.config.zip (1kb) downloaded 48 time(s).
KK5DO
#3 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 6:44:52 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Installed the file. Ran the update and it says I am up to date with version 9.20.3 and that my subscription expired 03/29/20. I do not want to run the file you gave back then because that is what got me into this problem. Is there another file besides the setup....8554 that you can give me to fix it up?

Thanks Dennis
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:10:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
You got your old license file installed somehow.

I sent you a new master copy of LOGic via email. The problem with InstallLogicUpdate.exe.config should be fixed in that. But in case not, just install the file from my last email. FYI, this problem developed as we added more LOGic updates to the updater.

After installing what I am emailing you, please update to 9.20.7. It is solid AFAIK!

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY