logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Migrating Logic9 To A New Machine & Band Table
aa4hp
#1 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 4:44:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

I have been a Logic user since Logic5, and I usually need a new machine every few years for a number of reasons. Typically I install the distribution disk, then the latest update. If I can find them, I drop the tables and forms I know I have modified into the appropriate directories. Most of the time that works fine. What has defied my approach to an installation shortcut is the band table, so it takes a few beers to manually change how I want the band boundaries by mode defined, and how I want spots to be acted on.

Is there a standard approach to migrating a mature configuration to a new machine, and if not, how can I just move the band table?

Thanks,
Hank AA4HP
Sponsor
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 9:00:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 192 post(s)
Hi Hank:

Here is the "official" guide on moving LOGic to a new computer.
http://www.hosenose.com/...de-to-LOGic.aspx#post13
Long story short, copy the LOGic folder, install the LOGic distribution and the latest update, and have at it.

The band table is in logdata\bandmstr.dbf & logdata\bandmstr.fpt

When transferring tables, do a CLEAN UP INDEXES AND TEMPORARY FILES. If there are any structural changes between versions, this process will hopefully restructure the tables.

Let me know if any questions. Enjoy the new computer.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1VC
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 3:25:27 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
My desktop PC that holds LOGic 9 is slowly degrading. Before it dies, I purchased a new laptop. I don't want to migrate all my ham apps over.

If I remove the main drive in my desktop, C drive, where LOGic 9 resides, and place the C drive in an external enclosure, connect it to the new laptop via USB cable, will I still be able to use LOGic9?

Thanks,
Vin

W5GA
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 7:56:34 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: K1VC Go to Quoted Post
My desktop PC that holds LOGic 9 is slowly degrading. Before it dies, I purchased a new laptop. I don't want to migrate all my ham apps over.

If I remove the main drive in my desktop, C drive, where LOGic 9 resides, and place the C drive in an external enclosure, connect it to the new laptop via USB cable, will I still be able to use LOGic9?

Thanks,
Vin

Vin, the only way this would work is if you booted from the external drive. Without doing that, all the registry entries that Logic makes are missing.
K1VC
#5 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 11:19:10 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I guess I'll have to migrate LOGic using Dennis' "official" guide on moving LOGic to a new computer.

Thanks !

Vin