logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Interface for FT8 / WSJT-X
WN4AZY
#1 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 3:55:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
I just posted the FT8 interface for LOGic. It interfaces to WSJT-X and other software for real-time in logging in LOGic as you log in WSJT-X. It has had a little testing (thanks to all who have helped so far!), but should be considered beta at this stage.

To get it, click Help/Check for Updates in LOGic. The instructions are in the update display.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
8 users thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
wa4pgm on 3/13/2020(UTC), w2zi on 3/16/2020(UTC), K8ZM on 3/16/2020(UTC), KD4VRZ on 3/18/2020(UTC), ZL4AS on 3/19/2020(UTC), wa8qyj on 3/19/2020(UTC), K7PDW on 3/19/2020(UTC), N5XZ on 3/19/2020(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
ke4uw
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 9:37:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Dennis,
Thanks for the efforts in integrating Logic with WSJT-X.

I'm still struggling a bit to get this new feature working. I've updated Logic to the latest version (9.20.1). In the Log>Setup menu I've clicked on the WSJT-X box and the path to the WSJT-X log file is correct in the box above. But when I log a contact in WSJT-X it isn't being logged in Logic.

Is there some sequence I need to start the programs in, or some other toggle I need to set to get this to work?

Thanks,

Dave KE4UW
1 user thanked ke4uw for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/15/2020(UTC)
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 9:56:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Dave:

Sorry for the problem.

No, there is no particular sequence that things need to be started in. About the only way you could go wrong is clicking the WSJT-X button to set the path when the path doesn't exist. Just the path needs to exist, not the file. And if you did that, you would get an error.

So, start by checking the location of the WJST-X ADIF file. Make sure that it is there and that QSOs are being logged to it. On my machine it is located at C:\Users\dh\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\wjstx_log.adi Adjust "dh" accordingly for your login user. I don't think there is any way to turn of WSJT-X's ADIF logging option or moving the file, but I might be wrong.

You could try clicking the OTHER button and finding the ADIF file manually. Maybe it is located somewhere other than appdata.

Call me at 770-307-1511 and I can log in and take a look.
http://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W8JY
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 9:59:28 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I am encountering the same problem - I have run the wsjt program with and without jtalert running - it still won't log. Now for some reason, even if I have it set up for none, Logic keys the transmitter as soon as it is opened. Only shutting down the rig, or Logic will stop the transmission.

I know you have taken a lot of abuse about this, Dennis. I am perfectly happy to endure a few problems getting it set up, because ultimately it will work! I realize the problem is somewhere in my set-up and is probably caused by my ignorance! If you have any suggestions, would appreciate the help

Incidentally, the path is correct to the adif log.

Sorry to add to your problems!

Thanks,

Jess W8JY
1 user thanked W8JY for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/15/2020(UTC)
K1VC
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 5:50:32 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I am facing the same issue. On my computer, WSJT-X creates the .adi log here: C:\Users\Lenovo\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\wjstx_log.adi

LOGic 9.20.1 points to the same folder.

I'm assuming it doesn't matter if LOGic has the path all in caps and my laptop doesn't.

Can you create a video to show users how it works on your computer?

Thank you,
Vin, 73
K1VC

1 user thanked K1VC for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/15/2020(UTC)
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 8:38:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, I fixed it. I think! It had something to do with having too many windows open. When LOGic receives a QSO from the WSJT-X interface, it has to scan all windows to find the proper one to send it to.

Pse download and install again.

Tnx everyone for your help.

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 3/16/2020(UTC)
ke4uw
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 10:39:52 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thanks Dennis. I appreciate your one-on-one help sorting this out. The WSJT-X interface seems to be working fine now. A super addition to Logic!

Dave KE4UW
1 user thanked ke4uw for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/16/2020(UTC)
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 8:25:12 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: ke4uw Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Dennis. I appreciate your one-on-one help sorting this out. The WSJT-X interface seems to be working fine now. A super addition to Logic!

Dave KE4UW

Well, the glory is all yours. Thanks for the help!

Quote:
I'm assuming it doesn't matter if LOGic has the path all in caps and my laptop doesn't.
Right, it doesn't matter. I did change it so that it is no longer displayed in upper-case. More for aesthetics than anything. Also the letters are smaller so long paths will display without getting cut off.

Denis WN4AZY
K1VC
#8 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 9:00:22 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
THANK YOU DENNIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloaded the latest update, installed it and it works GREAT !!!!!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Vin, 73
K1VC
1 user thanked K1VC for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/16/2020(UTC)
K8ZM
#9 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 12:32:20 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
1st, thanks for the feature update !! I downloaded the latest, installed and will be trying some FT8 today.

Given my set-up of multiple concurrent instances of "everything", I run (3) concurrent instances of WSJT-X, one per rig (IC-7300, IC-7610, IC-9700). I use only one logform and simply switch between rigs via the logform's rig buttons (1 thru 4) at the top, this works flawlessly. I don't think I can have multiple concurrent WSJT-X paths and having multiple logforms just won't work for me, so, any possibility of being able to support having multiple paths and reading of the ADI file maybe based on whatever the active radio is ??

My WSJT-X structure under C:\Users\Brad\App\AppData\Local\ is:

WSJT-X-7300
WSJT-X-7610
WSJT-X-9700

Each contains its own wsjtx_log.adi file.

I havent looked to see if its feasible for WSJT-X to "log" to a common file but maybe a way to get around this.

Regardless, thanks for the still best logging software, LOGic, the swiss-army-knife of loggers !!

73 de Brad, N8GLS

ns7k
#10 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 3:49:46 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello Dennis
I am having a problem with the beta wsjt-x adi log have loaded the update and went through the setup and loged several
wsjt-x contacts and it does not log from wsjt-x to logic any help?
Rich NS7K
1 user thanked ns7k for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/16/2020(UTC)
WN4AZY
#11 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 4:24:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for your call regarding this.

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#12 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 4:31:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Brad--
Quote:

Given my set-up of multiple concurrent instances of "everything", I run (3) concurrent instances of WSJT-X, one per rig (IC-7300, IC-7610, IC-9700)....

I'll have to think about this a little, and try a few things.

My first thought is that even if you have three log forms running, the data all goes into the same LOGic database and will appear in the one and only log form that you want to use. Minimize the other two and ignore them. The only problem is that even though the database gets updated, the "main" log form may not get updated right away.

I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to have it so each log form capable of monitoring more than one file. Let me make sure it works with one first hihi.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#13 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 5:11:53 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Thanks Dennis,

As always, appreciate even the "thoughts". Sorry, you "spoiled" me with LOGic all these years not to mention your continuously addressing even the most obscure request, especially mine !! Yes, trying to "butter-up" to the task. HA !!

Easy for me to throw out a "stupid" thought, but, somehow to check if rig 1, 2, or 3 is active, if rig 1, path is x, rig 2, path y, rig 3 path z. Similar to what you did for how LOGic auto-fills my rig, antenna, preamp and amp from the list of valid values table. Of course, that occurs at the time the QSO is logged so a little different scenario, although, I would be selecting the active rig before making any QSO. Well, for what its worth.

Not a "show stopper" so no hurry...I'll still be here when v10.0.0 comes out (hi hi).

73, Brad

WN4AZY
#14 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 9:34:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Actually, it would just monitor all three files at the same time. That would be cleaner than switching between them.
K8ZM on 3/16/2020(UTC)
W8JY
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 1:40:26 PM(UTC)

Man

After our phone conversation, I followed your advice and started shutting down windows in Logic.. When I shut down the spot log window, not only did the random keying problem go away, but now I can log FT8 qsos using Logic! The next step is to figure out what is wrong with the spot log - I guess that can wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the help - it sure is great to be able to log directly to Logic now! Thanks again.

Jess, W8JY
WN4AZY
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:09:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, that's strange.

You said that you are using MicroHam or something like that. I wonder if spot announcement is triggering it somehow? Turn off Announcement, and try a different sound device in the Announcement tab.

Sorry I had to run during our call.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

WN4AZY
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 7:52:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

N8GLS:

I added the support for multiple instances that you requested. Get 9.20.2.

Tnx & 73,

DH WN4AZY
K8ZM on 3/19/2020(UTC)
W8JY
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 8:12:55 AM(UTC)

Man

After resetting all the options in the spot log, the program quit keying the rig when it shouldn't and everything is working well. I have Logic and wsjt using different ports for the rig, so I can operate with both enabled.

Thank you for all your help, Dennis. This upgrade has been well worth waiting for!
N5XZ
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6:17:34 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I have been running the beta version that Dennis sent me directly (I guess because I have been such a loud squeaky wheel!). It has been working (almost) flawlessly since I installed it. A few very minor glitches here and there of not logging a contact.

So, based on what I have been reading, it sounds like it is safe to download the "official" version now?
73, Allen N5XZ