logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
want list
WN4AZY
#45 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 8:20:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 483 time(s) in 398 post(s)
No problem bugging me.

I am finishing up the live ADIF interface for JT65 etc., then will do MMTTY.

Thanks,

Dennis
N5XZ
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:38:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi--

I don't announce timelines for anything anymore. Made that mistake too many times already hihi.

But the status is that it is moving up the list. There are some other simpler things ahead of it.

We plan to do both FLDIGI & MMTTY, just deciding which would be best to do first. Am checking out two-tone too.

Dennis

Another one we've been waiting on for years. Considering we PAY for this software, I think 4 - 5 years is excessive. PLEASE give us the status on this one, Dennis.
73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#46 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 9:15:38 AM(UTC)

Monthly reminder
73, Allen N5XZ
1 user thanked N5XZ for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 8/19/2017(UTC)
N5XZ
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:28:48 PM(UTC)

Any updates for us, Dennis?
73, Allen N5XZ
W5GA
#31 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 7:58:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 96 post(s)
The wait for the FLDigi is over :-).

MMTTY is next. There is a version of MMTTY called MMVARI that is designed as controls to be dropped into other programs that I will probably use.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis

Any progress Dennis? This quote is a year old now.

73 Doug W5GA
N5XZ
#48 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:35:44 AM(UTC)

This thread started over four years ago.

I wish Dennis would at least let us know if there is any progress on it.

The frustration level is getting to a high point here.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#49 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:43:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I made significant progress on import from JT65 etc. this week. Should see that soon, then onward and upwards. Thanks for your continued patience.
W5GA
#50 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 6:08:58 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Dennis, please note that this particular thread is now 5 years old. Over a year ago, you said we would be getting support for MMTTY. Is there some problem, or do you just not like MMTTY for some reason?
N5XZ
#51 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 6:13:22 AM(UTC)

I suppose this is on Dennis's forever back burner. Indeed I suspect the pilot light may even be out.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#52 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 3:39:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

No, I have nothing against MMMTTY. There are several versions of it and which ones support an interface is not clear. Laurent has some iteration of it in TRX-Manager. But we will do WJST next. Hopefully there will be a version of MMTTY that will use the upcoming WJST-type interface.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N5XZ
#53 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 6:25:46 PM(UTC)

Dennis, if go to the MMTTY web page (http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmtty.php) you will see that the latest version is 1.70K released June 4, 2017. You will also find a link for programmers (which I think I may have sent you several years ago http://hamsoft.ca/pages/...ammers/mmtty-engine.php). I really don't see what the issue is and why you have delayed this so long. I understand there have been issues in your life and you have a real job from which you make your living, but 5 years??? You have promised over and over again, only to prioritize other projects and interfaces that did not even exist 5 years ago. In the mean time, other programs and incorporated RTTY successfully and LOGic has fallen behind. I know of at least 3 or 4 ham friends who have abandoned LOGic for such reasons. I cannot speak for W5GA, W0SZ, IK0CHU, KA1J, AJ4F or K1VC, but I personally feel abandoned on this issue. If you find MMTTY too hard, perhaps you should look at 2Tone (http://www.rttycontesting.com/downloads/2tone/) or something else. I don't think waiting for MMTTY to change their interface is the answer. You may want to look at how RTTY decoders are implemented in N1MM+ which can actually incorporate up to four separate and different RTTY engines simultaneously and with a simple click, the info from the RTTY engine window is moved into the logging window. According to their website, MMTTY has been successfully integrated into N1MM+, WriteLog, HamScope, DXLabs, RCKRtty and YPLog.

I also read with interest when you said "We will do WSJT next". Well, I thought you were already working on WSJT and that you were almost ready to release it..?

I don't mean to rag on you so much, but I told you the reasons that I have continued to stick with LOGic in a private email some months ago.

If there are others who agree with me, you might want to speak up, otherwise if I am the only one who feels this way, I will go away.
73, Allen N5XZ
K1VC
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:44:45 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Allen and All,

You make some good points. I've been waiting for a while to have an "all-in-one" logging program. I'm using my logging program less because I have to use multiple applications (WSJT-X or HRD DM-780) to make contacts. Often, these other apps don't play nice with LOGic9, com port conflicts or LOGic just decides to hang up and it shuts down. It's a task to use one program to make contacts and then manually enter the contacts in LOGic. I'm sure there's a way to integrate the programs but I shouldn't have to (yes, being selfish).

I hope things move along a bit faster.

ps...I hope you don't leave Allen.

Vin,73
K1VC

N5XZ
#55 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 11:59:33 AM(UTC)

Thanks for you support, Vin. I am a long time user of LOGic (I think I started with version 5). LOGic has some unique featured that I like and that no other logging programs have (primarily the club subscription feature). I am comfortable using many of the features of LOGic. I don't want to make a change. But I am frustrated by what I feel is an excessively long wait for RTTY support. MMTTY and 2Tone are my RTTY programs of choice. I do understand the with the sudden popularity of FT8, Dennis has some pressure to provide an interface. But 5 years? That is just a bit long to wait for a promised feature. Other long time promised features are support for GQSL and Club Log. What happened to those???

Now, another issue I have with LOGic is it's propensity to crash far more often that I think a mature software produce should. And it's lack of consistent support for K3's is another (i.e. driver). Now, there is another issue that hopefully will be fixed quickly. So I think I have been quite patient as a user.

As I mentioned before, I personally know of 3 or 4 users who quit LOGic and switched to other programs due to the issues mentioned above. I'll say it again...I DON'T WANT TO SWITCH... but...

I hope Dennis is listening...

73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#56 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 2:11:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I am watching and listening. I do truly appreciate the constructive criticism.

I have been focusing the majority of my efforts on product stability and maintainable code for the future. I feel that we have largely achieved that. So....

Tnx 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1VC
#57 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 4:05:46 PM(UTC)

Hi Allen,

I've been using LOGic since version 3 or 4 (can't remember), I do remember loading a bunch of 3.5" diskettes to load the entire program Woot . I agree, LOGic offers a lot that other programs don't and that is one of the main reasons I've stayed with it. I went from paper logging in 1982 right to LOGic from an ad I saw in QST or CQ (can't remember), old age syndrome.

Dennis has helped me in the past when I was stuck, we had a few phone calls and we also did a webex (kinda) meeting so that he was able to see how slow LOGic was running on my old pc and he fixed my issue with LOGic.

I understand your frustration as well. Five years is a long time.

I can't speak for Dennis, I'm sure he has other projects on his plate and family to take care of. With o much feedback, I know he understands his program has customers that have been using his product for a very long time. I don't think we can compare LOGic to other programs where there is a team of programmers that attack issues as users post them on message boards or mail groups but addressing issues less than 5 years is something we should expect.

I won't change programs, I have too much time invested in LOGic. I'm still recovering from my fatal hard drive crash, but I do hope something comes out soon.

Vin, 73
K1VC
N5XZ
#58 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 4:26:33 PM(UTC)

Dennis, not to beleaguer the point, but I and others feel that LOGic still crashes too frequently and often with no error message. (Although it has improved from the past). Please try to devote more time into making program errors more "non-fatal".

Thanks,
73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#59 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 5:48:38 PM(UTC)

Vin,

You have been using the program a long time!

Dennis has been very helpful to me also in the past. He helped me to convert all my old paper logs to LOGic...over 45,000 QSOs! It was alot of work and took several years to do so. Luckily, I was doing alot of overseas traveling at the time and had nothing better to do in my room at night other than to type contacts into LOGic! To save time, we took my printed logs (from contests), ran them through an optical recognition program to convert the data to CSV files, which Dennis then converted to ADIF and then imported them into LOGic. (BTW, I now have about 175,000 QSOs in my log.)

I am not comparing LOGic to Word or Excel, but I am to programs like N1MM+, etc. Yes, they have issues, but they do not crash very often.

Good luck on recovering from your fatal hard drive crash. I have a redundant 4TB drive that I backup to once a week automatically (going to increase to 8 or 16TB soon.) It backs up over wifi at night. I also back up my LOGic logs to my HDD in two places plus a thumb drive.

73, Allen N5XZ
K1VC
#60 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:32:32 PM(UTC)

Hi Allen,

I have been backing up daily before I shut down, hard lesson learned. I sent out my damaged hard drove to a recovery firm and they quoted me $2700 to recover any data. If they don't recover anything, I pay nothing. The key word is "any" data. I told them specifically the folders I needed, they kept saying "if we recover any data, I have to pay" or I never get by hard drive back and they will destroy it. I declined the quote/service and they returned my hard drive. Sorry, went on a tangent, it's a topic for another discussion.

I've been backing it all to a 4 TB external drive. I don't have anywhere near as many contacts as you, I only have a little under 19,000 contacts from when I was in middle school to adulthood.

I have to agree with the crashes. I was using FT8 on 17 meters last night. I walked away from the radio to have dinner. Came back 45 minutes later, sent out a CQ and as soon as I entered the call sign in the Call field, hit TAB, the callbook window went crazy, I got a ton of error messages, kept hitting IGNORE, when I hit CANCEL, BOOM...LOGic 9 shut down.

I opened LOGic, went through the index cleanup, logged the QSO again, BOOM, LOGic crashed again. On the third try, it all worked again. Made a few more contacts and called it a night.

UPDATE: I went to dinner and this is the error message I came back to see in LOGic:

Error 1426 "OLE errorcode 0x800004002:No such interface supported.
"has occurred in program SPOTLOG.SPOT, line 245.

I hit IGNORE and BOOM...LOGic shut down.

It's almost as if LOGic doesn't like to hibernate or stay dormant for a long period of time.

Vin, 73
K1VC
N5XZ
#32 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 6:04:00 AM(UTC)

The wait for the FLDigi is over :-).

MMTTY is next. There is a version of MMTTY called MMVARI that is designed as controls to be dropped into other programs that I will probably use.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis

REALLY??
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#62 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 10:48:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I was hoping to get FT8 in this last release, but didn't make it. I appreciate your patience. It will happen.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY