logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

USERFIELD multiple pipes - possible resolution
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:27:14 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I had the issue of having multiple pipes in USERFIELDS for several entries, CONT, VE PROV, and OBLAST. I suspected something with several of the contest logforms as I didnt have any issues with non-contest QSO entries. So, this weekend I made a few Q's in the ARRL VHF Contest and the result was multiple pipes again being entered in USERFIELDS, in this case CONT:NA|||||. The contest logform I used was ARRL VHF, and I found in set-up under "Copy from prefix table" an expression for continent "IIF(DXCC_PFX = GLOBAL.MY_DXCC,"",MAKE_TAG("CONT:",CONTINENT)) + " " + LEFT(LOCATION,AT("|",LOCATION))" So, I think the tail end of that expression is where the issue is. I deleted + " " + LEFT(LOCATION,AT("|",LOCATION)). Logging the next QSO I got CONT:NA|, without the additional pipes added. In other logforms I see the expression MAKE_TAG("CONT:",CONTINENT) used but not with the tail end + " " + LEFT(LOCATION,AT...stuff. I get the IIF statement, but not the tail end of the expression.

Thanks,

de Brad
File Attachment(s):
LogformSetUp.JPG (118kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
Userfield.JPG (26kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 2:14:38 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Ok,

So I'm learning....posting this as an aide to myself and others who may benefit.

My previous post wasn't thought thru all the way.....All my issues of multiple pipes related to VE PROV, OBLAST, and CONTINENT. Not thinking clearly I obviously missed the fact that the the expression(s) are returning everything up to AND including the pipe from the Location in the prefix table. So, if the prefix table contains "Ve Prov:ab| Alberta", the expression will insert VE PROV:AB| in USERFIELDS (the "Alberta" is stripped out as its AFTER the pipe |). Oblasts are listed the same way in the location field with a pipe at the end of the Oblast name. So, I'm guessing that anything entered into USERFIELDS is by default seperated by a pipe which if true would ADD a pipe to each, i.e., VE PROV:AB||. In addition to that, the other expression I see is LEFT(LOCATION,AT("|",LOCATION)) which, guessing again, is adding an additional pipe (or more) as its returning everything in the location field up to and including the first pipe of what was already entered by any previous expressions, then yet another pipe as its an additional entry in USERFIELDS, maybe even if its "empty". So it seems I can have potentially 3, 4, or more pipes being added. I included a jpeg of the prefix table showing the description in the location field.

de Brad
File Attachment(s):
Prefix Table.JPG (134kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 9/11/2018(UTC)
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 5:47:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks -- I'll have to look at the code for that. Good detective work!

Many tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 9/11/2018(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 10:02:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I got the exact same results here. The expression LEFT(LOCATION,AT("|",LOCATION)) also appears in the line below, so it was duplicated. Not sure why it added so many ||||. I updated my master copy.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:36:52 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

No problem !!

Did you just make it grab everything in Location BEFORE and not including the pipe ??

Brad
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 5:17:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

LEFT(LOCATION,AT("|",LOCATION))

No, it still grabs everything including the pipe. IOTA:SA-007| for instance.

This is correct in this instance. It is a user-defined field in the proper format. and is being copied to userfields. I just don't know why having it in there twice just did't enter the value twice.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 9/17/2018(UTC)