logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DO nesting problem
N7IP
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 4:52:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
1) I have seen the message shown on the attached PDF many times over the years. I think it relates to telnet.

2) I have observed that when telnet is busy, nothing else runs within Logic--no other windows are accessible.

3) Besides the DO nesting problem, telnet seems to incur many delays in sending info to the spot log. Often when I start Logic, after telnet gets the latest spots from the cluster, it takes minutes for spots to show up in the spot log.

Bob, N7IP
File Attachment(s):
n7ip screen.pdf (4,755kb) downloaded 43 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 3:40:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Bob:

Thanks for the bug report.

Which telnet cluster are you using? How many spots does it download initially? Are you using the SH/FDX command?

Quote:
2) I have observed that when telnet is busy, nothing else runs within Logic--no other windows are accessible.
Busy how? Receiving data? I don't notice that. I do see that it behaves as you describe when waiting for login.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:34:31 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Attached is a capture that begins with initial log into VE7CC. Yes, sh/fdx/100. From the time of startup, Telnet takes over Logic so no other forms are able to process anything. I can't even select (highlight) them. For example, I can't scroll the spot log during this time that telnets locks out other forms. This remains true for what seems like a long time after telnet stops downloading. I've seen this behavior for years and am only bringing it up now because of the DO nesting issue. .
File Attachment(s):
N7IP telnet capture.txt (49kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 8:33:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for the info. I will check it out and get back to you.

DH
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2018 9:05:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Bob:

Ok, on the speed issue, it takes about 12 seconds here to load LOGic, set the clock to NIST, open several forms, log into VE7CC, and process 100 spots. Unfortunately logging into telnet is a blocking process. In the new 9.1.35 update I lowered the priority of the spot processing so that it won't be as much of a hog when processing a batch of spots. It may help during routine processing of spots.

On the real problem -- DO nesting level exceeded -- I simply cannot reproduce it. I let LOGic run with VE7CC all night and into the next morning, and no problems at all. I have had no other reports of this.

Looking back to your screen shot, I see some errors from IDPPatch. Do you believe this to be related? Do you know what IDPPatch is? Also, I notice that the frequency display of the rig interface is 0. Is this related?

I did fix an error where you will occasionally get an error about IFCREF not found when closing the telnet form. The fix is not in .35, but it will be in the next update. It is a nuisance error -- if you get it, just click Ignore.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K7PDW
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:47:36 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Dennis

I may have some insight to this problem. I have had it happen to me. (Do nesting level exceeded)
I have noticed that is happens when I telnet to NC7J and the skimmer is on especially on weekend when there is a contest going. It looks as if the volume of updates is choking the system. If I shut down NC7J's skimmer the problem goes away. I have a 100 Meg Comcast internet connection and a AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter by NETGEAR connected to a Optiplex 790 (Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz, RAM 16 GB, System type 64=bit OS x64 based processor) running Win 10.
Hope this is some help.

Dave, K7PDW