logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

OLE Error Message - Cannot Use Logic 9
WB3ESR
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 8:54:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Today while in contest mode while operating in IARU contest I received an error that shut down LOGIC 9. Here's how it happened: I entered a call in the call box, but realized I entered it incorrectly. So I centered the cursor over the error to edit it and left clicked the mouse, and the following error occurred...

"OLE I Dispatch exception code 0 from mscorlib: Startindex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name:startindex.."

Three choices appeared with the message: Cancel - Ignore - Help. I clicked on ignore (three times before anything happened), and then the following message appeared:

"Global is not an object:"

Three choices appeared with the message, and I again clicked on ignore and the following appeared:

"Unknown member CALLBOOK_DRIVER_REF."

Three choices appeared with the message. I clicked on ignore and LOGIC shutdown completely. (In subsequent tries I also clicked on cancel with same result)

I tried running LOGIC numerous times and the same error messages appear as indicated above. I shutdown the computer numerous times and rebooted but still received same messages when restarting LOGIC.

NOTE: I have updated LOGIC 9 many times but I can't tell you what version I am using because I can't get LOGIC to run past the error messages.

This is the first problem I have had with LOGIC, and I've been using LOGIC since version 4.

Please help.

Gil K3BLN/ ex- WB3ESR

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 10:29:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry for the problem.

I think updating to the latest version will fix this.

How to do that if you can't run LOGic? Assuming you have 9.1, go to the Windows start box or the Cortana thing in Win 10 and type UPDATER. Run Updater Desktop App. Or look under LOGic in the start menu for UPDATER.

If that doesn't work, open the LOGic install folder. c:\program files (x86)\logic is where it usually goes. Look for LOGic.exe or LOGic with the elephant icon if you don't have file extensions displayed. Right-click, and properties. Look under DETAILS.

Let us know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WB3ESR
#3 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 8:39:17 PM(UTC)

Thank you for your quick response. My version of LOGIC is 9.0.82. I determined this by right clicking on LOGIC.exe/properties/details (as you suggested). Would a simple fix be to join the subscription update program and download the latest version? Will this problem infect the new update?

**Gil**
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 10:11:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Gil:

The update subscription is nice to have and introduces quite a few new features (including built-in updating) as well as QSL route and prefix exception data.
http://www.hosenose.com/...mp;PrimaryCatID=44&

However, getting the latest free update you are eligible for (9.1.0) will probably fix it. Go to our home page: http://www.hosenose.com. Scroll down the page and look under NEWS. After you install this update, click HELP/CHECK FOR UPDATES to see all the changes.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WB3ESR
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:36:10 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis! You were correct - downloading version 9.1 fixed my problem! Thank you for your suggestions.

**Gil**