logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
logic 9.1.5 crashes after about 15 min.
wa4pgm
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:45:07 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Bob,
One thing I might suggest is to make sure you have "Poll" checked in the radio interface. If not, LOGic will give you errors. I run a K3 here and see no errors. Using 9.1.8 here but if I can help by comparing setups I'll certainly try.
73 Kyle
WN4AZY
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:17:45 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Originally Posted by: N7IP Go to Quoted Post
Substituting Omnirig driver for the K3 driver also solves the problem. So the issue appears to be within the K3 driver.

Bob

I tried hibernating with my FTDI interface on my Icom. If polling is On, you will get a timeout in LOGic as you would expect -- LOGic asks for the freq and mode, the hardware disappears, the hardware comes back all unknown to LOGic or Windows, but the timeout interval has passed.

I do not get a Windows/OLE error. That is all solid. All I have to do to restart the rig is click tools/reset radio/rotor interfaces.

I can put something in LOGic to reset radio & rotor interfaces on power resume, but it won't help in your case since the driver is not recovering from sleep properly and Windows is throwing the error.

Thanks Kyle. Polling is now on by default for the K3.

N7IP
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:31:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Yes, polling in on within my installation of Logic.

Bob
N7IP
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 11:56:15 AM(UTC)

Any update on the K3 driver issue? I'm limping along with Omnirig (no crashes) but it does not set the rig's mode correctly when I "set rig" from the spot log. (Maybe you know of a fix for that) So it would be great to have an updated K3 driver.

Bob, N7IP
WN4AZY
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:36:43 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Bob:

Is this related to resuming from sleep?
Quote:
"OLE dispatch exception code 0 from system: a device attached to the system is not functioning.

When I do it with my FTDI-based USB=>RS232 adapter, I get a rig timeout and need to do tools/reset radio and rotor interfaces, but no error messages.

Is your RS232 port FTDI-based? Look in the device manager under "Ports COM & LPT".

I suppose if I could reproduce it here I could trap it and at least provide a cleaner notification. What happens if you Ignore then click Tools/reset radio and rotor interfaces?

I can definitely look into why OmniRig isn't working. Does it set the wrong mode in some cases, all cases, or just not do anything?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:36:23 PM(UTC)

Yes, with the K3 driver, the error you cite occurs every time when resuming from sleep. Does not happen with the omnirig driver.

I use remote rig with the K3, so the serial port is "RRC1258" from Microbit.

If I hit "ignore" after resuming, logic works again but the telnet interface is set on "disconnected," so I need to restart that.

I don't see any pattern in omnirig's choice of mode. If I hit "set rig" a second time, omnirig gets the mode right. The U, L buttons work reliably. Omnirig used to work but even after reinstalling it, the behavior is the same.

Bob, N7IP
N7IP
#27 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 10:59:14 AM(UTC)

Dennis, the K3 driver issue has been identified for many months now. I'm just wondering if you plan to fix it? Omnirig does solve the crashing problem, but it does not insert the correct mode into my log. I'm sure other K3 users are waiting to have the real K3 driver fixed.

Any update from your end?

Thanks,

Bob, N7IP
WN4AZY
#28 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 7:34:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Bob:

I'm not so sure that the issue is with LOGic and its K3 driver. It looks like it is something related to the hardware. Not sure what I can do since I can't reproduce the problem of an error when sleeping and awakening with my FTDI hardware.

Why do you have your system set to sleep? Are you operating from battery? I just have mine set to turn off the monitor. The hard drive is solid state.

Is telnet still not recovering from sleep? No problem here, and that doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that would be hardware dependent. I guess it could depend on the ethernet card. Mine works fine using either the ethernet on my Plugable docking station or the internal WiFi.

Would it help you if I could have an option disable sleep when starting LOGic? Seems that if LOGic is running, you would want to receive spots.

It might be good if we talk.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:12:27 PM(UTC)

If it is the hardware, why is Omnirig working fine? I know that Logic does crash more than most programs. But it seems to me that Logic should not crash on the same system that Omnirig works fine. If you can't reproduce the problem, let me know what I can do to provide you with the data from my system to help you. Do you have a trace utility or ??? to provide you with the data you need?

Bob
WN4AZY
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:04:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

OmniRig uses a different Windows library to talk to the hardware than LOGic does. LOGic uses .Net. Not sure why one works and the other doesn't tho. I have seen that LOGic's legacy interfaces work when the new ones will not with certain hardware.

Quote:
Do you have a trace utility or ??? to provide you with the data you need?
Yes. If I could find the place where LOGic calls the .net interface that is causing the error. I can ignore the error.

Call me and I can log in and take a look at how it behaves with OmniRig. If LOGic is not talking to OmniRig correctly with respect tot he mode, I can fix that.

http://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#31 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:29:38 PM(UTC)

I re-installed Omnirig but the problem of setting the wrong mode continues. I'd like to get back on the K3 driver if you can fix the problem of the program crashing after sleep. That way the rig interface is something that you control rather than relying on a 3rd party for fixes or enhancements.

Tnx Dennis,

Bob, N7IP