logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

interfacing a Channel Master Rotor (3 conductor)
w3bs
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:19:19 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
i am running LOGIC9, and have a Channel Master CM-9521 rotor/controller (less than $100.00 USD) driving a Traffie Hex Beam Antenna. i wanted to be able to use the data within LOGIC to point the antenna without human intervention. almost all the suggestions received stated i buy a rotor with a controller which could be "serial" connected to the pc. i was trying to avoid the expense of rotor, controller, and 100 feet of 8 conductor cable, a hy-gain solution (including cable) would have been $800.00 USD.

i stumbled across a reference on another forum, which recommended the following as a solution:

an infrared (IR) transmitter which connects usb to the pc. usb-uirt, $60.00 USD

a program which communicates with the usb-uirt and LOGIC, PstRotatorAz, $20.00 USD

the IR transmitter took one week to arrive, and the program is downloadable.

the IR transmitter arrived saturday, i downloaded the program yesterday, i was up and running early this morning. the only glitch encountered was that at windows 10 (which i have) the PstRotator program has to execute with administrator privileges, which the program author informed me of this morning as a result of an email i sent yesterday. after a 1/2 day of usage, i am very happy with this solution.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!