logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can't display CWOPS# membership number in Memberships Form
WB4HUC
#1 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 5:54:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I can look at the memberships table and it seems that all CWOPS# members are in this table.

CWOPS# shows in memberships list

If I display the memberships form and search by memberships number it will display the call sign of the member.

Display memberships form by membership number

If I display the memberships form and search by call sign (for instance, a call sign that was just displayed when the number was searched), other memberships information will be displayed (LotW, FISTS, etc.) but the CWOPS# is not displayed.

Memberships form search by call sign

If I look at the LISTS table I see other membership lists in there (FISTS,LotW,etc.) but do not see any CWOPS# members in this table. Could that be the reason that I don't see the CWOPS# membership number in the memberships form when I enter a call sign?

Logic V919 Lists form

If so, how would I get the CWOPS membership list loaded into the LISTS table? I guess I thought that this would happen autimatically when I download the CWOPS membership list, but maybe not.

I'm using Logic version 9.1.9.

Thanks,

Mike - WB4HUC

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:59:20 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Mike,

If you go to Tools, Set-Up, Log fields and select cwops, make sure the Memberships checkbox is checked.
Hope that's it....

73 de Brad N8GLS
WB4HUC
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 9:29:53 AM(UTC)

Brad,

Thanks for the idea. The memberships check box is checked.

--
Mike - WB4HUC

File Attachment(s):
logic_v919_log_fields_form_cwops.jpg (237kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 11:01:37 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Mike,

Ok, well, was hoping it was "simple" (hihi). The Memberships List is the repository for that data and so would think that if you have entries for CWOPS then any call that's a member of that list should display in the Memberships form just like 1010#, Geratol#, LoTW User, etc.. I don't think you should have to mess with the List of Valid Values at all.

Dennis will have to chime in on this one.

73, de Brad N8GLS

WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 10:18:44 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
It shouldn't be dependent on having anything in the lists table.

Where did you get the CWOPS data from? Is it just what was in LOGic? They changed the URL of the data. The LOGic import does not work. I found the new site, but I can't find the text file that we used to import. The old data I have has 630 for the CWOPS# for K4UK, but it looks up fine.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WB4HUC
#6 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 4:48:23 PM(UTC)

Dennis,

Sorry for the delay in replying. To answer your question, I guess the data is the data that was already in Logic. See the attached screen image. When I select Tools --> Internet --> Download CW Operator's Club Membership I get 0 records downloaded and 0 new records added.

When I go to the URL http://www.cwops.org/roster.html I do see the roster.

I can look up a CWOPS# member by number, but not by call sign. So when I enter a call sign into the main log form, it will show his membership information for other groups but not CWOPS#.

File Attachment(s):
Logic_V9_download_cwops_roster.jpg (98kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
wa4pgm
#7 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 6:57:03 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I think I see what is happening, two things have changed.

http://bbcyber.com/cam/downloads/CWopsCallHistory_1532.txt gives Error Not Founded.

New link http://www.cwops.org/roster.html is now a Google Sheet and not a text file.

Dennis will have to correct.
73 Kyle
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/15/2017(UTC)
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:01:54 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Right--the import of CWOPS in LOGic is not working. There used to be a text file. Does anyone know the address of that file on the new CWOPS site, if it exists at all? If so, it should just be a matter of changing the address in LOGic. As I recall, they had the .txt file for import into logging programs, and a html roster too.

Attached is the latest data that I have. To install, go to tools/setup/membership lists and click the IMPORT button.
File Attachment(s):
CWOPS#.DBF (315kb) downloaded 43 time(s).
WB4HUC
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:31:47 PM(UTC)

Dennis,

I downloaded and imported the .DBF file you provided and now all is well. I can look up members by call sign or membership number. When I enter a new contact into the log form, if the memberships window is displayed, it will show the CWOPS membership number along with all the other organizations the person is a member of.

Thanks for your help.

--
Mike - WB4HUC
Austin, TX
1 user thanked WB4HUC for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/22/2017(UTC)
N5VR
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:46:24 AM(UTC)

Dennis,

I would like to have the updated membership list for CWOPS and I know they are available for a variety of logging programs. They are on the members only page of Yahoo Groups which requires a password. I was thinking of contacting them (I can tell the source for some of the other programs) and find out if we can get one for Logic or make one ourselves but I don't know anything about the format required.

Could you contact them directly OR if I could get a list could we create it? I would be willing to help. The list changes weekly so we would want this to be repeatable somehow.

Regards.
Bill N5VR
WN4AZY
#11 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 9:17:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Well, any of the existing files for other programs should work in LOGic too. Could you get me the file off of Yahoo Groups and send it to me? We recently added the ability to import most any comma or tab-delimited file into the memberships list. And it may be as simple as using the existing CW Ops and changing the URL to point to the file you downloaded.

What would be ideal is for them just to put the data file online at a publicly-accessible URL so LOGic users (or users of any other software that wishes to support it) can click a button and be done with it. Like it was. Downloading a file and importing it is going to be beyond the technical capabilities of a lot of people nowdays, and of course guess who they contact for hand-holding.

I would be happy to contact them. If you can provide a name and contact info. And maybe if you contacted them also, as a member.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N5VR
#12 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 4:21:49 PM(UTC)

Dennis,

I have some information for you on this topic and I tried to email you but the private email page blew up when I tried to send it. If you can email me directly I'll send you the person's name and email or maybe the message got through despite the error messages.

Thanks
Bill N5VR
N5VR
#13 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 5:37:19 PM(UTC)

Dennis,

A number of folks suggested extracting the data from the membership page except I don't know how to that. In spite of that I managed to do and turn it into a txt file which I will attach if I can figure out how. How you get this into Logic I have no idea since import is looking for a dbf file. This might be a temporary solution however I would like to have a place we can just import from.
File Attachment(s):
cwops roster.txt (15kb) downloaded 40 time(s).