logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

eQSL Downloads
NW3U
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:17:44 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I know that some time ago eQSL stopped uploading ADIF files from v9, I now notice that it will not download the QSL card either. It reports Not Authorized. Any thoughts?

Dave, NW3U
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
wa4pgm
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 7:41:08 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Works for me, typo in password?
NW3U
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:02:16 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks, does the QSL download and the card downloads both work? What version of IE are you using? BTW, I can get the QSLs it just fails on the card downloads.

Dave, nw3u
wa4pgm
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:34:24 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I don't download the cards. IE10
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:12:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
The eQSL upload was fixed in the last update.

Will check out the pictures download.

Tnx/73,

DH
W8POF
#6 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2015 12:47:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Did you find anything more about this download issue? I have no problem uploading to eQSL. However, while downloads post as an F to the eQsl received box, no pictures are downloaded. The last time pictures successfully downloaded was on 9/9/2014.

My log pictures are stored in C:\Program Files\LOGic\Logdata\Log_Pictures. I am using version 9.0.71.

Any suggestions?

Tom, W8POF

WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:18:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sorry, not seeing any problems.

Some suggestions:

*Make sure you have the latest update. There were some changes to this fairly recently.

*Be sure IMPORT EQSL PICTURES is checkmarked, then click AUTOMATICALLY CHECK IN THESE QSLs.

*Try clicking IMPORT ALL EQSL PICTURES. That will get the pictures back in sync with the QSOs if you are missing pictures for some reason.

*Make sure you are logged into the eQSL web site. A browser window opens and you are prompted to log in if you aren't already. Don't skip this step!

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W8POF
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:43:34 AM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I am using Version 7.0.71. I have consistently followed the process outlined in your reply, Any matched QSO's are marked with a check in the "eQSL Received" box, but no eQSL pictures are downloaded.

I believe I have discovered what may be causing the problem. At the start of the eQSL download process, if there are any entries marked "Not Found In Log", the eQSL picture download process aborts. (The first Call in question is shown on the upper right portion of the screen with the message "Call Not Found In Log", and the picture download portion of the program stops). Matched QSO's however, are marked with a check in the "eQSL received box". When the process completes a message displays the number of "log records updated", but the number of "eQSL pictures imported" is always 0.

Might this be the cause of my problem?

Tom, W8POF

WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 9:14:20 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

You are right, my friend. Thanks for the detective work. I will look at the code tomorrow.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:59:37 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, this turns out to not be what we thought.

The IMPORT ALL EQSL PICTURES button is if you downloaded previously, but did not import the pictures. If pictures have been imported previously, and the picture files themselves are lost somehow, this will not recover them.

Here's why: LOGic keeps info about its pictures in a database file named LOG_PICTURES. If the pictures themselves are deleted, IMPORT ALL EQSL PICTURES will not recover them. IMPORT ALL EQSL PICTURES looks only at LOG_PICTURES.

What we need is a utility that will compare LOG_PICTURES to the picture files actually on disk, and download any that are missing.

In the meantime, delete the EQSL records from LOG_PICTURES. Go to tools/advanced/database commands (make a backup first).

Type:

USE LOG_PICTURES
DELETE FOR UPPER(ORIGFNAME)="(EQSL IMPORT).JPG"

Now go download all eQSL qsls (blank the DOWNLOAD QSLS ON OR SINCE field). Then click the IMPORT ALL EQSL PICTURES button.

Let me know if any questions.

DH
W8POF
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 3:05:36 PM(UTC)

Hi again Dennis,

I followed the process you outlined, and the vast majority of eQSL pictures were successfully downloaded. I did notice a minor difference between the total number of eQSO's on the eQSO website, and the number of .jpg records in the new LOG_PICTURES directory in LOGic. I manually checked a portion of my LOGic logbook looking for instances where eQSL Received was F, but no picture had been downloaded. Thus far I have found 24 pictures missing.

I checked the eQSL website and confirmed that the LOGic and eQSL records were identical, and that the eQSL record contained a picture. I have no idea why the pictures did not download. Is there a way to force a download of the missing picture?

If I delete the LOGic record of the QSO, and then re-enter the QSO would you expected the eQSL record and picture to then properly download? I have no idea if this would impact the LoTW record.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Tom - W8POF

WN4AZY
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 4:49:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
If I delete the LOGic record of the QSO, and then re-enter the QSO would you expected the eQSL record and picture to then properly download? I have no idea if this would impact the LoTW record.

Yeah, it should. But that sounds like a lot to go thru, with little guarantee of success. You could try it with one, but seems it would be easier to just manually download those 24 and attach them to the proper QSO the normal way.

Quote:
Is there a way to force a download of the missing picture?

Other than deleting the picture record, no.

BUT, you deleted all the picture records as per the instructions in my last post, and they still didn't download. So not sure what is going on.

I have started a utility to recover pictures where the .jpg got deleted but the qsl_pictures record still exists. Not sure if that would help in your case or not. I'm guessing not since we deleted all the qsl_pictures record anyway.

If you figure out what is special about those 24 let me know hihi.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W8POF
#13 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 2:36:30 PM(UTC)

Thanks Dennis for the quick response.

Most of the 24 missing pictures had one thing in common:

There were 2 QSO's with the same station, on the same date, but at different times and different bands. One of the eQSL pictures downloaded but the other did not. This may be just a coincidence.

A few of the 24 QSO's were single contacts on a given date, and I could not find anything different between my log and the eQSL record.

I took your suggestion and manually downloaded the 24 pictures without any issues.

Will run the utility when it is released and see if it picks up any additional pictures.

Thanks for your help.

Tom, W8POF