logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Icom 7100
N5XTH
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 3:42:49 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I have a new Icom 7100, which has it own USB connection. I have downloaded the Icom drivers. My settings on the 7100 on Baud Rate 9600, CIV address is 88h and CIV Transceive is on. When I open Logic 9, I am getting a message that nothing is found at that address and will search. It then tells me to change modes. When I do, it says it found something at that same address. What am I doing incorrectly.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 5:47:20 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day N5XTH,

Your description is a little confusing. I don't have an ICOM 7100 so am a little in the dark - so to speak.

In the amateur radio world, USB connections to radios can be of two types ... native USB ports, or USB ports that emulate RS232 COMx devices.

I don't think LOGic knows anything about "native USB devices". This way of operating needs the special software usually specific to the radio.

LOGic knows about USB ports that emulate an RS232 COMx port, but needs to be told which specific COMx port to use.

Have you told LOGic the correct COMx port to use?

Change mode? ... from what Mode to what other mode?

LOGic found something. What then works? ... anything?

Pictures tell a thousand words. Post some images of what LOGic displays. That would be a lot of help to others on the forum.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.