logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Logging via mouse
KB2COP
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 3:55:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good afternoon,
Given the incredible functionality of Logic, I'm sure this is an option but Ill be darned if I can find out how to accomplish this.
What I'm looking for is a way to single click my mouse to set my radio and display the stations information. I would then like to double click the spot to log it.
Does anyone have any advise?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 11:23:55 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
First, from the Spot Log, left click the spot you're interested in (its line will highlight) then, to set the rig WITHOUT logging, left click on the "Set rig" radio button at the top of the Spot Log window. To set the rig AND log the spot, either left click on the "Log" radio button to the left of the "Set rig" radio button or just simply double left click on the spot you're interested in. You could also right click on the Log radio button to log the spot WITHOUT setting the rig. More info in the help section, just search on spot Log.

Hope that helps,

73 de Brad, K8ZM
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/3/2022(UTC)
KB2COP
#3 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 9:48:35 AM(UTC)

Thank you Brad, I appreciate your time.
I was hopeful (because I’m lazy) that there would be a way to set Logic up so that a single click on a spot would populate the info box (QRZ lookup), set the rig and look up previous contacts with the station. Then a double click would send the QSO to the log. Seriously, I was looking for a way to accomplish the above because, depending on how busy the bands are, the spots can fly by. I realize I can stop the DX Cluster from scrolling, but again, another step.
Regardless of any of this, Logic is and will continue be my go-to logging software. Nothing comes close nor is as stable!
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2022 8:44:01 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Ok, well, a single mouse-click on any desired spot does show progress stats, previous qso's, memberships, etc., but won't set the rig or activate a callbook lookup without a second or third mouse click. Logging of course would do it all but that's still a two-click task.

Dennis will have to chime in on the possibility of a one-click solution. Maybe some check box toggles could be added in Spot Log options that would allow one to select what a single click was to include. Default could be the way it is now, then check boxes for set rig, callbook lookup, log, etc..

73 de Brad, K8ZM
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/3/2022(UTC)
KB2COP
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2022 5:45:14 PM(UTC)

Thank you my mentor from Mentor!
K8ZM
#6 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 10:27:37 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Too funny.....BigGrin
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply