logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Grid Mine not populating
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2020 10:51:00 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Running in the CQ WW VHF contest this weekend and noticing when autologging from WSJT-X that LOGics Grid Mine field isnt auto-populating. This occurred also in the ARRL VHF contest in June and had to go back and back-fill the field. Yes, the field is set-up, the first QSO logged I manually filled the field but it should auto-fill for every subsequent QSO. Prior to this year never had an issue. Could be WSJT-X and how LOGic does auto-adif but all my other user defined fields are populating just fine, only Grid Mine isnt filled.

LOGic v9.20.7, WSJT-X v2.2.2

Brad, N8GLS
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W8JY
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2020 12:03:28 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I just noticed that I have the same problem. I use QRZ subscription to fill the fields on lookup. On 07062020, all was correct and was logging 6 digits. The next day, on 07072020, it started only filling 4 figures only. I have no idea why this happened - QRZ still shows all 6 digits.

I am also running LOGic v9.20 and WSJTX v2.2

Jess, W8JY
W8JY
#3 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 9:33:56 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Just did some further checking - the problem began with the installation of WSJT-X 2.2. It looks like the problem is there and not with LOGic.

Jess, W8JY
1 user thanked W8JY for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/20/2020(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 11:36:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks. Yeah, LOGic will log all 6 if available, but only considers the first four. We haven't changed anything there.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#5 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 11:38:28 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Jess,

Don't believe this is related to WSJT-X and/or logging of Grid Squares as the Grid Mine field is a user defined field in LOGic, when in contest mode and using ARRL VHf or CQ WW Vhf logforms, you enter your grid in the field Grid Mine, this is part of the exchange and exported in the adif file for submission to the contest sponsor. The field used to auto-fill, i.e., after entering your grid in the field the first time it would copy it forward to any new qso logged. Its not been doing that since about last September (ARRL VHF contest time) as best I can tell. The contest logforms haven't changed in quite some time so probably an anomaly of one of several updates since then.

Thanks for the info though !! The logging of 6 vs 4 character grid squares is another issue. I don't use the callbook feature to populate anything so can't comment on whether its being imported correctly or not. As for WSJT-X I don't remember it ever displaying 6 character grid squares in its logger. Thinking on this a minute it may be that LOGic isn't overwriting the grid square field, i.e., if WSJT-X displays a 4 character grid, LOGic imports it as displayed, if you have callbook look-up enabled LOGic may just not be overwriting or appending the 4 character grid with the last 2 character one. Just a guess !!

73 de Brad, N8GLS

HA !! My thread got hijacked !!

Dennis, please take a peek at Grid Mine.....it used to auto-fill but doesnt do that anymore.

Brad, N8GLS