logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WSJT-x / JTDX auto-import data to Logic
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:45:04 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hi Dennis,
I wanted to represent my experience with WSJT-X or JTDX data into Logic's mainform.
In reality it is necessary:
to first run the FT8 program in order to activate the CAT between radio and computer to display the frequency and to be able to transmit with the FT8 program.
Then execute the Logic which detects the error connection with the radio but this is irrelevant for general operations. The radio frequency in Logic will be displayed with all 0.
After an FT8 connection, Logic inserts the qso into the logbook filling in all the necessary fields by reading them in the ADIF file generated by the FT8 program.
At this point I would like to analyze the result obtained.
The procedure is equivalent to a real-time insertion but with some distinctions. The frequency is incorrect (e.g. 14.000000, 144.000000). Probably the conversion and updating of the logform refers only to the band (e.g. 20M, 2M) and not really to the reading of the ADIF file where the two data are regularly distinct, i.e. 2M and 144.175290.
The data relating to the four digits Locator is incorrectly defined in the 6 digit gridlocator field but I believe it must be recorded in the SRX field as well as the personal Locator instead in the STX field, because it is an EXCHANGE relationship such as RSTs and RSTr. I believe that the correct filling of the complete 6 digit gridlocator, with the XML update from QRZ, is compromised because the gridloacator field is found already occupied.
If this may interest you, I can explain how I solved the problem, obviously with exclusively manual operations, not knowing the art of programming. Certainly I try to do the best possible analysis of any problems that may occur in order to make the computer work more in my place. I attach some of my printscreen and the result of the automatic reading of the ADIF to compare the differences.
73's Mauro IKØCHU

File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot936.jpg (525kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
ScreenShot939.jpg (81kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
w2zi
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:37:23 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Mauro,
I'm curious about your use of JTDX instead(?) of WSJT-X. I've been using WSJT-X (current version 2.1.2) and am quite happy.
I'm only working FT8 these days. Some 2500 QSOs since August 2019.

What made you go with JTDX?

Thanks and 73s,
Don W2ZI
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 5:13:00 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Don,
I use WSJT-x and JTDX indifferently.
I use JTDX for HF while WSJT-X with V-U-SHF.
The reason is simply because I can use them both with different devices on different frequencies without any conflict.
Initially I used the WSJT-X then trying the JTDX I saw that it was much more sensitive and last but not least manages the CALL in an excellent way using various programmable colors in the Band Activity window both in call and in qso. A very useful difference that made me appreciate JTDX.
To use JTDX just set the path of the log file in the setup of the mainform you are using. See screenshot)
In the mainform I use for VHF with 9700 instead I insert the path of WSJT-x as per program. Obviously, just change the Mainforms according to the band to use.
From the menu that i'm seeing I think that Dennis could add in the future the possibility of using the same Mainform for different programs by putting a flag for enabling.
I hope to have answered fully and any request is welcome, always within the limits of my possibilities ;)

73's de Mauro IKØCHU
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot940.jpg (43kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
w2zi on 4/15/2020(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 7:24:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Mauro:

Quote:
The frequency is incorrect (e.g. 14.000000, 144.000000). Probably the conversion and updating of the logform refers only to the band (e.g. 20M, 2M)
Please post a copy of the ADIF file. It's a safe bet that the frequency and grid square are wrong in the ADIF file.

Quote:
The reason is simply because I can use them both with different devices on different frequencies without any conflict.
You can run multiple instances of WJST-X, each accessing a different device. See our video
https://youtu.be/RvphbXxixt0

Also note that by using OmniRig, you can access the same radio in WSJT-X and LOGic at the same time.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

IK0CHU
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 8:20:48 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
I simulated a qso with WSJT-X with Logic9 and the frequency is not exact. I'm still using 9.20.3 because I can't download 9.20.4 (screenshot)
I am attaching screenshots to show you the result that I have and also the qso record in .adi format.

<call:6>IH9YMC <gridsquare:4>JM56 <mode:3>FT8 <rst_sent:3>-12 <rst_rcvd:3>-13 <qso_date:8>20200419 <time_on:6>130112 <qso_date_off:8>20200419 <time_off:6>130112 <band:2>2m <freq:10>144.175289 <station_callsign:6>IK0CHU <my_gridsquare:6>JN62BK <tx_pwr:2>30 <comment:11>TEST LOGIC9 <eor>

The file is perfect in all its parts.
Tnx in advance
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot948.jpg (15kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
ScreenShot943.jpg (45kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
ScreenShot944.jpg (127kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
ScreenShot947.jpg (180kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro