logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spot log alerts
KA1J
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:57:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'd like to have a desktop alert option added to the alert options.

I don't have speakers hooked up, only a wireless headset I only use when watching an online video or making a call so I won't hear alerts. I don't check my email every few minutes so I won't see email alerts till it's too late to try an make a QSO with a needed entity I have the alert set to trigger an alert. I usually have Logic running while the computer is running so what would be the best for me would be an "on top" pop-up that alerts me, one I can click and tell to go away. Nicer if the Text says what the entity is that it's telling me about.

For instance; I need 4W Timor - Leste for DXCC, how about a pop-up that pops to the top of whatever is already on top that tells me it's in the spot log. Click on the notice and Logic jumps to the top.

Lets say Logic is on top, I'd still like the notice to pop-up to alert me because maybe I'm not paying attention to the spot log.

Thanks,

Gary
KA1J
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:49:30 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, we could do something like that. What do you want to happen if there are several alerts or spots? Open several windows and leave them open until you close them I suppose.

The simple solution is to leave the spot log open on the Alerts tab. Delete all alerts, then it will be obvious when you get new alerts, and how many you have gotten.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
KA1J
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:15:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I'd find that really helpful but specifically for my needs, I'd want to be able to filter in the "Value" column for any DXCC value in red, not the ones that show up in black. Gravy would be to select that red value (All time new one available) and I'd like to filter by band as well.

Ie; I need that 4W Timor - Leste on any band so I'd definitely want to know it's on.

However I also have worked TZ Mali on 20 meters so I don't need it for DXCC but I do need it on 160M. If TZ on 160 comes up I'd like to filter to know that as well. Same goes for any new 160 contact

What I would not want would to be alerted for every red item in the band or mode. For instance 3X is on SSB right now and I haven't worked it on that mode/band but I have worked it for DXCC. I don't want to be notified it's there as I don't operate SSB but if it showed red in the values list I would want to know that for it would be an ATNO.

I guess what would be clever for me would be to have a pop-up that shows something like 4W spotted as ATNO, or TZ spotted on 160M. If I click on the X the notice goes away & if I click on the pop-up it brings Logic to the forefront.

If wishes were fishes... :)

Gary
KA1J