logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Radio Memories form - search freq dialogue off the screen
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:09:12 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Dennis,

Priority: Low.

This took me a while. I keep finding these little things which have the potential to divert you from your primary tasks.

Today my K3-K3/0 remote system is in place, so I used "remote desktop" to access my "radio shack PC" with my three monitor display I have in my "in-door" radio shack. All the better to have lots of forms open when DXing.

For the first time ever, I opened the "Radio Memories" form, adjusted its size, put it in "the desktop" and put the form at the right, making it the full height of the display - all the better to see the full list of frequencies more easily.

I played around for a while. The form works well, reading and setting frequencies etc.

I clicked on S to search for a frequency - nothing - just a beep with every mouse click. Now Logic is stuck! Run clean, restart - do it again.

To cut a long story short, I finally discovered that the dialogue for the search opens at a fixed relative location above the radio memories form. Which of course was largely out of sight on my large display - it was a while before I notice it.

I guess the top left Y position should be relative to the form, but limited to greater than or equal to zero.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:35:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Yeah, and it is even worse if it is NOT in the Windows desktop. It goes to the top right of the monitor with the title bar offscreen.

What you are seeing is how it was designed to work -- the idea is that you can see the records scroll by as you type. I guess the best thing would be to let it cover the first few rows.

There is also a problem someone else reported with the desciptions not showing up for multiple rigs of no actual description is entered -- it should use the driver name. So I am working on that and will address this issue too.

Tnx & 73,

DH