logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

undoing entered data after correcting a mis-typed call
KA1J
#1 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 12:56:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Something I do is try to work weak stations (I 95% of the time am chasing DX) What I sometimes do is write on paper what I think I hear of the call through the QSB, QRN and QRM. When I hear it pretty well for sure I enter it in logic. Sometimes I enter directly in logic what I think is the correct call and hitting tab enters the data from the database and the name, QTH & so forth gets filled in. But sometimes after doing this I'll hear the call was different than I entered and I can correct the call but the data from my original entry remains. Ie: I just worked what I thought was UX1AA and entered that by hitting tab & Logic filled in the data automatically & showed this was a first time QSO and the database imported his name "Serhiy" and his QTH.

I called him Serhiy as was filled in but when he came back it was apparent he and I had talked before but Logic showed this was our first QSO. He gave his call again when he signed over to me and I got his correct call UX1UA and with my power line QRM I missed the first dit in the U, calling it an A. I corrected the call making it UX1UA (his name is Sergei) and logic showed in the check box next to his call that we worked before but the name and the address remained from UX1AA and did not change his name to Sergei nor the different QTH. I'm guessing the other areas may not have switched over like CQZ or ITUZ & so on.

What I'd like to see is if I make a correction like that, that logic will remove all data from the incorrect first entry and update properly the data in the corrected call when I hit tab again. I've run into this issue somewhat often, especially in contests. Allowing an accurate correction without having to delete the existing entry and then enter a whole new call would allow for a smooth correction.

Thanks & 73,

Gary
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N7IP
#2 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 6:18:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Dennis, I'd like to add another request along the same theme as KA1J. When I correct a call using backspaces (prior to hitting tab), if I press more backspaces than characters in the field, the cursor disappears. I can't simply enter the new call. I have no idea where the cursor has gone. My experience with other software is that backspace never causes you to leave the field that you're in. If Logic worked this way, we could enter a call to see if the prefix is a needed country and then simply backspace (which is a natural reaction) to get back to a blank field. All fields should work this way. This is not a big idea but something that would make Logic work more intuitively.

Thanks,
Bob
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 7:42:56 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

Bob, I agree, it is annoying. I think it might be a feature of Visual Foxpro. I often also find entering "numbers" into a field a complicated mess of key strokes. Again - Visual Foxpro at work.

Until Dennis implements a solution, the cursor is actually on the "last item" of the form. In my case "The Butler", in the standard tools bar. If it is the same for you, notice that "The Butler" has a highlight to it when selected. This is normal behaviour for "what is selected" in Windows. You will see that "highlight" in any Windows dialogue.

Press tab, and the cursor will "jump" to the next field - in my case, the Call field, and one can carry on.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:00:22 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Yeah, the backspace behavior is substandard in my opinion.

For my reference and anyone else who is curious:
http://www.tech-archive....s/2007-09/msg00004.html

That said, the BEST way do clear a field is {Ctrl+A} (select all) then {Del}.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY