logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

QRZ lookup from Main Log no longer working
ZL4AS
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:58:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Over the last few days my efforts to use this feature have suddenly changed.

From MAIN log I click on Log then Callbook Lookup. The Logbook window opens, a moment later the callsign info appears as it always has, but immediately the data disappears! I checked my XML subsription and the expiry is 2013-10-01 so it should be OK.
I experimented by enabling the QRX Subscription database as well as the QRZ.COM database but that just slows it down and the data is presented somewhat differently.
I checked for LogIC 9 updates and updated from 9.0.45 to 9.0,49 without it fixing the problem.
Any other suggestions welcome please.

HNY & 73 de Cliff.....ZL4AS
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:04:30 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Cliff:

Thanks for the note. Sorry for the trouble.

First of all, please remove your email address from your signature. Robots will find it, harvest it, and you will get lots of spam. And I don't need the robot traffic hihi.

Ok, I am not seeing any problems at all with QRZ.COM or QRZ subscription.

The info appears then immediately disappears from the callbook window? Do other callbooks (FCC, LOGic, UALR) do the same thing?

BTW, I enjoyed reading your bio, the pictures, and expecially the link to LOGic hihi.

Let me know.

73 & happy new year!

Dennis
ZL4AS
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:13:51 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your quick response Dennis, especially at New Year time, and the first thing I did was take your advice and remove my email info from my address details for each of my email signatures !!

The way I had it setup was with standard QRZ.COM as my first choice and that has been working for a very long time apart from the odd glitch when QRZ changed their protocols and you quickly responded with suitable fixes. The present problem has only arisen in the last few days and is puzzling me as I don't think I intentionally changed anything.

It does move on down through the list to other choices after the QRZ.COM window information disappears, and none of the others disappear.

At this stage I have taken QRZ.COM from top priority and enabled the QRZ SUBSCRIPTION using it at the top of the list. I noticed your comment re not using QRZ.COM if a subscriber; hadn't read that previously ! All seem well with this setup so I will stick with that meantime.

Thanks too for looking at my QRZ page, and no problem about having a link for LOGic there. Although it is far from the most used logging software, it has served my purposes well since I started with (I think) LOGic 4 back in the 90's, so I am happy to promote it in my own small way.

I have another issue for which I will begin a new post shortly once I have investigated it a bit further.

Thanks and 73 de Cliff.....ZL4AS
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:24:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yeah, if you have the QRZ subscription, turn off QRZ.COM.

As for why QRZ.COM isn't working: Perhaps you are not logged in? I logged in manually from a browser, and it seems to stick -- it keeps me logged in whether in the browser or LOGic.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ZL4AS
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:00:02 PM(UTC)

I've tried it both with and without being logged onto QRZ.COM in a browser but the problems still happens. The subscription connection is working fine so I shall just stay with that thanks Dennis
73 de Cliff.....ZL4AS
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
k4ydn
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 12:50:43 PM(UTC)

I am also having trouble with the log page populating the QRZ (subscription) info. It has been working fine until lately. I get the error message: OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from msxm13.dll. Access is denied. It also says QRZTMP's not found. I saw the ZS stations response. I can still not get QRZ to respond. My subscription with QRZ is current. TNX, Mike K4YDN
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 9:06:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

What version of LOGic are you running (help/about). They changed the address of their server which caused this exact same error, but this was a while back.... Maybe their server was down or something.

DH
LA1XJA
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:22:50 AM(UTC)
wilford

Man

Originally Posted by: k4ydn Go to Quoted Post
I am also having trouble with the log page populating the QRZ (subscription) info. It has been working fine until lately. I get the error message: OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from msxm13.dll. Access is denied. It also says QRZTMP's not found. I saw the ZS stations response. I can still not get QRZ to respond. My subscription with QRZ is current. TNX, Mike K4YDN

This is what happens to me also. Running version 9.0.53

Only have QRZ subscription enabled.
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:01:09 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, they had some problem with the Biographical feature causing that or similar MSXML error -- they never acknowledged it was their fault, but I reported it and a few days later it went away. This was on Jan/18/13.

It is working for me 100%, at least on the few calls I tried including yours.

Does anything appear in the browser window of the callbook form?

But try turning off Pictures and Bio in callbook setup and see if it makes any difference.

Let us know!

DH