logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Automated re-evaluation of QSO's for DXCC country classification?
VE5SF
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 10:08:42 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Is there a way for Logic to re-evaluate all QSO entries for correct DXCC classification in an automated manner? Looked in the Utilities area and did not find any such capability.

I have about 300K QSO's entered in the logic database many of which were uploaded from older DXCC tracking software and contesting programs since 1990. After producing a complete ADIF summary using Logic and submitting an ADIF file to clublog I received a listing of about 1000 DXCC classification errors. While it is possible to alter each one at a time I wonder if there is an automated routine to update the classification of each QSO DXCC component.

Thanks for any advice.
Sam
VE5SF
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5GA
#2 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 8:30:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 98 post(s)
Hi Sam,
Logic categorizes strictly based on the contents of the prefix table, which may or may not be correct for every call. ClubLog uses reports from QSL managers, team members and a host of sources to determine the correct provenance of each specific operation if there's a question. I don't have nearly the size log you do, but I have seen these discrepancies pop up in my log as well. Each required individual attention to correct, and in a couple of instances required adding a call to the prefix table to force the proper attribution.

73 Doug W5GA
VE5SF
#3 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 9:11:46 AM(UTC)

OK, thanks very much Doug.

Sam
VE5SF
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 8:09:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
LOGic DOES NOT depend on the prefix table for DXCC reporting and tracking. You could track and report DXCC with no prefix table at all. You would have to manually log the DXCC every time, but it would work.

All the prefix table does is automatically fill in the DXCC field when you log a call. LOGic has the most sophisticated prefix table in the industry, and additionally uses the BIG CTY from AD1C for the exceptions to the prefix table. https://www.country-files.com/big-cty/

If a QSO has the wrong DXCC logged, simply change it to the proper DXCC. If you have a thousand, it is possible to clear out the DXCC fields and let LOGic fill them in again. This could be done only before a specified date. Let me know & I will post the details.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

PS: There are some test lookups to try at https://www.country-files.com/big-cty/ (use the Info window in LOGic) They are all correct except for UI9XA. It shows up in LOGic as Asiatic Russia, not European Russia as the web page says it should. This is their mistake. UI9XA does not appear in the big-cty file, at least in the version currently available.
VE5SF
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 9:13:12 AM(UTC)

Hello Dennis. Yes if you could advise as to the method to clear out the DXCC field and allow Logic to refill, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sam
VE5SF
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 2:37:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Sure.

In summary, blank the DXCC field for all QSOs before a specified date. Back up your log!

Go to tools/advanced/database commands. Type

USE LOG
replace dxcc with "" for QSO_DATE<={^1960-12-31}

This does everything on or before December 31, 1960.

(I didn't have to remember any commands to do this. There are dialogs to do all this for you. See
https://youtu.be/5d5gyJVFQEs?si=GjmkQCsHSQH8yuny)

Next, go to tools/Misc Utilities and run FIX STUFF.

Let me know if any questions.