logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

GridTracker App for WSJT-X
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 12:39:00 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
This is an app that works with WSJT-X but does a lot more. It links via UDP to WSJT-X and provides a very nice graphical map for worked/confirmed grids, states, countries, counties, continents, etc. It also displays in real time an activity map for whatever digital mode your running as well as providing alerts as to whatever entity you need. It also imports an ADIF log file and uses that for all the statistics. Its pretty cool..... https://tagloomis.com/ Its free but certainly worth a donation for all that it does. Also a user forum: GridTrackerApp@groups.io

It can import an ADIF log which is no problem, but am wondering to make it more "automatic" is there a way to have LOGic auto-write to ADIF to keep the data in real time ?? GridTracker does support some other loggers via UDP but I don't know if they are "linked" in real time and thus avoid the need to have the ADIF file, or is the UDP link just to pass the data thru....I posted this question to the developer to find out.

This is pretty cool software and it is capable of displaying all kinds of stats from the ADIF logfile, what's cool is how graphical it is and you can use it regardless of mode, so if you never plan on making digital contacts at all this is more than worth a look just for the graphics. The maps support "mouse-over" data tables and display a mess of info just hovering over a worked grid, state, country, etc.. I can mouse-click through a bunch of stats in seconds, by band, mode, etc., etc.. Also it's capable of linking to LoTW, CLubLog, QRZ and eQsl.

73 de Brad, N8GLS

Hope all are staying safe....the only Corona I need comes in a bottle !!

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 7:41:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Sure, LOGic can write an ADIF file. It is called the SafetyLog feature. It is in tools/setup/misc ham setup on the first tab.

We are all good here healthwise. F6DEX was officially diagnosed with C-19, but is fine. Our son was sick with something but he is over it. My mom had something very mild, probably not C-19.

I bet Corona would kill C-19 hihi.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 11:13:06 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Glad everyone is better !! We are living our "sheltered" lives one day at a time, no infections we know of anyways. I'll be trying a Corona bottled vaccine tomorrow, if it works I'll buy the first round !!

Stay safe and thanks for all the updates !! I'll download and try them out tonight.

Best 73, Brad N8GLS
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 11:11:54 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis,

Ok, tried the SafetyLog but the file is held captive by LOGic while LOGic is open. I tried to open it with Notepad and it was "in use by another application". Also, the app needs DXCC value and SafetyLog excludes that. I don't think its possible to output in ADIF a "current" log that auto-updates with any any/all changes, like after receiving Lotw QSL's. I'm exporting the whole log in ADIF after a few QSO's and/or after any log changes or LoTW QSL downloads, I keep the same filename and just overwrite it to keep GridTracker current. This app provides worked/confirmed status with colored maps, one can see for example awards mapped like, DXCC, WAS, CQZ, ITUZ, Continents, Grids, Counties, they can also be filtered by band and mode, the maps are Google (others available as well) so very "graphical" and a great visual indicator of awards status.

Anyways, thanks as always and you all keep safe !!

73 de Brad
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:21:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
I put up a beta 9.20.5 that shares the SafetyLog. At least I can open it in Notepad while LOGic is running.

Check it out and let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 10:45:19 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Geeze....feels like Christmas !!

Thanks again.....now, can you come over and help get this new Dell loaded....OMG nothing but issues it seems, on phone with Dell Support all morning....good lord this thing is only two days old and I'm on clean OS install #2 and haven't even got to anything Ham related yet.....it may be going back tomorrow !!

Brad
K8ZM
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 9:50:10 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis,

Sorry I didnt get a chance to try this until tonight but when I did I started getting errors when trying to edit a logform field, the errors occur when a field is changed. I was adding QSL R dates and each one resulted in the errors. I attached a couple snippets.....

Brad, N8GLs
File Attachment(s):
GetLogicFieldInfoError-20200428.jpg (24kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
GetLogicFieldInfoError2-20200428.jpg (21kb) downloaded 22 time(s).