logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoTW URL Change
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:23:17 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Latest issue now with LoTW is apparently a change in their URL which occurred a day ago. I noticed it yesterday when trying to download some new confirmations and received a server error. I rebooted the PC and then it worked so though just a "fluke". But this morning the same thing, below is the buzz on the ARRL-LoTW forum;

"yes, same thing is breaking any logging software that hasn't updated the URL they use to pull data.

Old url was p1k.arrl.org/....
New url is lotw.arrl.org/...

There was a redirect in place to the new url and that redirect is no longer working. The developers of my logging software (CloudLog) have fixed it in last night's update. We'll have to wait for QRZ to update their software or the ARRL to put the redirect back"

I tried QRZ.com just a bit ago trying to dwonload from LoTW and received a "LoTW is not responding" pop-up.

73 de Brad, N8GLS

Update: QRZ.com has temporally suspended LoTW uploads/downloads. In LOGic, LoTW download results in a server error, but re-launching LOGic then trying the download works as well as any subsequent download attempts (in the same LOGic session). Looked at the URL in LOGic and it seems correct as " https://lotw.arrl.org/...". Just tried again to download and got the server error, BUT, this time I left the download window open and just kept clicking on the "Import Directly from the Web" radio button and after 3 server error messages the 4th time worked.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 7:54:20 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

They did away with p1k.arrl.org some time ago. A year or more I'd guess.

This is what LOGic is currently using:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lo...qso_qslsince=1900-01-01

I paste it in a browser and get a 503 error with the text "Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

To see what this is for you, click the Import Directly from Web button, then right-click it. (It will be the same except for login and password).

I can log into the web site and download an ADIF file.

I believe they have something else going on there besides a URL change.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 10:04:55 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis,

Hope you are well !

503 error is what I was getting as well. Also think its an issue on the ARRL server and posted as such in the LoTW forum. QRZ.com was back allowing uploads/downloads for a few minutes but they errored out as well, a few minutes later all uploads/downloads were unavailable again and they were working to get it resolved, still that way a couple hours later now.

Thanks,

Brad, N8GLS

K8ZM
#4 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 12:20:50 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

ARRL has reported that the 503 server errors are as a result of them limiting concurrent downloads due to very high demand mostly by those looking for PJ8 confirmations.....ha !! I can wait....of course people are still peeing and moaning they "STILL" can't get a download from QRZ. Geeze, have they nothing else to do ??

OK, well, back to looking for more ATNO's...Cool

73 de Brad, N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/13/2020(UTC)
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 12:47:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
I guess the COVID-19 virus is good for one thing -- ham radio hi hi.

DH
2 users thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 3/13/2020(UTC), w2zi on 3/16/2020(UTC)