logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOTW inport Not In LOG
NU4Y
#1 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 3:14:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I tried to upload QSO for my contest station logs that had been handled by a SK ham. He only had 15K of them uploaded.
The total was 153,000 plus records. It would not upload said too long (or something like that) and upload failed.
I took the TQ8 file from the tmp file and uploaded that manually at the LOTW website.
ARRL now says all 153,000 in the data base and 62,905 qsls.

2 problems. Using Logic if I try to download lotw qsl's I get 62,905 downloaded and NONE are found in log ?? even thou I can find that they match.

2nd problem . I need to change LOTW_sent to Y or to what to get a check mark in the lotw sent field?

If I say 'add not in log' nothing happens. Cannot figure out why none of the 60,000 match.

Does the LOTW in logic have to say sent ?

Thanks Jim / NU4Y
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
NU4Y
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:47:04 AM(UTC)

Just a note: I did a global change and marked all the contacts in log to LOTW sent.
Now that is ok.

Then tried to download LOTW QSL's and got 70,000, all marked Not Found In Log.
Was asked if wanted to add to log, of course this would make all of these duplicate contacts, and then if would remove duplicates I would loose other info from the ones removed.

Still cannot figure out why none of the 70,000 are marked Not Found In Log.

Thanks Jim / NU4Y
NU4Y
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:56:42 PM(UTC)

I figured it out... Logic wants the OPERATOR to equal the callsign.
Since the contest station has multiple operators, none of the qsl's matched as many call signs were the operators.

It was encouraged by me to put the operators call when he was at the mike, or key. My BAD !!
( Note: Writelog and many other contest programs have a form to change operators. This is used at the contest station. )

LOTW I guess will not take such a large upload as this.... LOTW or maybe it was LoGic would not complete a full upload saying ERROR 1903... String too long.

Anyway have the log fixed, and all is ok...

Just a note, if using the SWL user function... Make sure to remove the operator or check already uploaded to LOTW, and "I " for LOTW rcd.

Those odd ball calls will be rejected in your upload file.

73's Love the qsl function and awards tracking in LoGic.

Jim

1 user thanked NU4Y for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/18/2018(UTC)