logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOTW Update Failed Error
NA9A
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:38:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

For years, LOGic has perfectly uploaded my new logged contacts into LOTW, but on 10/19/14 the upload repeatedly produced an "Upload Failed" error message. I tried for several days with the same result so after finding the update LotwQSOs.tq8 file in the LOGic\TMP\ directory, I was able to manually upload it to LOTW using the upload buttons on the ARRL site . . . but after checking, the LOTW site said it rejected the upload because it duplicated another I had uploaded.

I am sure that the error is on my computer because a day prior to the problem, I think I was hacked because I kept getting a Proxy Error (whatever that is) and couldn't get onto the Internet with my browser even though my emails were sending and receiving OK. I ran Malwarebytes that removed a lot of files whose names I didn't recognize but the problem wasn't fixed. Finally I did a Win 8.1 "Restore" to a day before all of this started and then everything ran great until I later found that the LOGic uploads to LOTW failed.

Maybe the Anti-Malware program deleted something I need, or the restore got the LOGic internal files confused. Can anyone steer me to places I should check? I've never upgraded to the latest TQSL v2.0.1 because the old one has always run fine.

Thanks, Joe, NA9A

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:43:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
NN8L on 10/23/2014(UTC)