logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Behavior Since Activating Email Alerts
K7PDW
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 5:03:34 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
First I got the email up and running with you help. Thanks.

Observed behaviors since email alert activation. Screenshot files attached.

1 - Files Alerts setup 1 & 2 show my list of alerts. Note only MAIL TEST is enabled.

2 - File Alerts and telnet shows the alerts and the telnet activity.

3 - Files email 1 & 2 show the email I received.

4 - Files Spots 1, 2 & 3 show the spot log activity along with the telnet activity for the same period. These spots are for a one minute period. The spot log shows multiple entries for a single telnet spot.
Note that the telnet times are one minute later than the spot log. I don't consider this a problem but interesting.

After the telnet runs for about 3 to 5 minutes logic shows the round busy cursor about 90% of the time and clicking on anything on the logic window yields not response as one would expect. When the arrow cursor returns you can get a response by clicking on something, however, it may take several second for anything to happen and usually the cursor has returned to busy.

Before I make the screenshot files I first disabled every background app except Windows Defender, gmail via Google Chrome, and Dimension 4 clock app to be sure that some of the other background apps I was running were not contributing to the situation. Then I restarted the computer with the apps disabled and started logic. The behavior was unchanged.

There has been an error message referring to a "DO" exceeding limits if I remember correctly. Sorry I did not capture that one.

I have tested my email connection from logic after observing the behavior and I still got the test message.

Hope all this helps.

Dave Harris, K7PDW

File Attachment(s):
Alerts setup 1.png (22kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
Alerts setup 2.png (20kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
Alerts and telnet.png (69kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
email 1.png (71kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
email 2.png (72kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
Spots 1.png (92kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
Spots 2.png (91kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
Spots 3.png (74kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
wa4pgm
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 1:05:57 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Dave,

The reason you're seeing multiple spots are each one is for a different award that was setup in the Band Table. For example if you setup DXCC and CQZ and a station was spotted meeting those awards you'd see 2 spots. I see you have several awards setup.

Your telnet issue sounds to be something is hogging the CPU, take a look at the Task Manager and see what Processes is using the most??

Lunch call back later,
Kyle
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 11/26/2018(UTC)
K7PDW
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 2:23:59 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thanks for the insight on what is going on. I had no idea.

Can you give me a quick tutorial on how to take out everything but DXCC. I've look at awards but have not be able to understand how to set it up? I am mostly a DX hound so DXCC is priority one for me.

I'm hoping that cutting the number of awards being displayed will improve the situation.

I failed to mention that I had checked the Task Manager and Logic was running 25 to 35%. Hopefully cutting back on the awards will improve that too. The computer I am using has an i5 Intel so it's not the quickest.

I did figure out that I had to turn off the CW skimmer on the telnet server I was using (NC7J). The contest this weekend had updates coming in a steady stream. That cut down on the shear volume of spot Logic had to handle.

Dave, K7PDW
wa4pgm
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:16:50 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Go to the Band Table

Tools>Setup>Bands

You will need to go through each band individually.

If you don't want LOGic to look for DXCC, CQZ, RDA, Grid, etc... make sure the field is empty.

In your case you want DXCC to be watched so the field should have 1234 and make sure "Process spots for this band" is checked.

Go through all the bands. For the bands you don't want make sure to check "Disable this band".

The I5 should run LOGic no sweat, did you see anything else in the task manager that had high usage? Was Windows 10 doing a update? That hogs my poor 1mb speed..... :(

Kyle
2 users thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
K7PDW on 11/25/2018(UTC), WN4AZY on 11/26/2018(UTC)