logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Not Finding Custom Paper Size
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 8:16:11 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I created several custom form sizes in Windows 10 (via Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers/Print server Properties). I added specifically for LOGic a new form for my QSL card which I want to direct print on. The issue I'm having is that it isn't appearing in the "Size" drop-down list in the "Page Set-Up" window from Report Properties. The list of available form sizes also doesn't list all the sizes available. Where is LOGic looking for the paper/form sizes from ??

Also odd is that I managed to modify one of the forms that did appear in the list, used that to start laying out my card, actually printed it from LOGic, got it to work, then went back and modified the form again and now it also isnt showing up on the list anymore (all in about an hour)....it was like magic, one minute its there and next it was no where to be found. Windows and Office have no problem finding it/them.

Thanks for any help,

73 de Brad, N8GLS
File Attachment(s):
Custom Paper Size.JPG (77kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 1:22:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Brad:

LOGic gets the paper sizes from the printer setup.

In the control panel, I went to Devices and Printers, right-clicked my default printer, and added a user-defined 5x5" form size. It showed up in LOGic when I modified the report, activated the report layout window, then clicked File/Page Setup. I clicked the Page Setup button, and my custom size is there.

I didn't have to exit LOGic to get the new paper size to show up. I DID have to close and reopen the report writer. Try rebooting. Make sure you have the latest printer driver. Maybe reinstall it.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
File Attachment(s):
capture.PNG (174kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:13:50 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Thanks Dennis....

So my HP Officejet Pro 8100 printer doesn't have a driver that allows for custom paper sizes. It comes with a standard list of available sizes and that's it. So unless the software has a utility to change the size on the fly then all bets are off for adding one. Good Grief....

FYI - The standard form I had working yesterday but "disappeared" off the list of paper sizes I discovered that changing the size of the form was what caused it to vanish. I changed it back to its original size and like MAGIC it re-appeared on the list of available paper sizes. Good grief.....what a pain. So even modifying a "standard" form doesn't work !!

I'm gonna futz with the standard from to see if I can get it work for what I need......if you here glass breaking it was me throwing this printer out the darn window !!

Thanks as always for trying to help !!

73 de Brad

1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 8/8/2018(UTC)