logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9.1.22 update error
W2EC
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 10:31:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

While waiting for my LOGic update renewal to process so that I can move to 9.1.24 and get the possible fix provided by that version, I tried to install 9.1.22, the last version that was covered by my previous subscription.

However the 9.1.22 update is failing. After install and launch of the 9.1.22 updated version I get the following error message:

Error 1429 "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from EntityFramework: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details..." has occurred in program PREFIXLOOKUPSETUP, line 41. Attempt to continue? Yes / No

I have tried the Yes selection and things seem to work after that. But this error message appears every time I restart LOGic 9.1.22 so I'm afraid to log anything in case something is messing up that I won't be aware of until some time in the future.

In an attempt to isolate the problem, I completely installed my original base Logic9 into a test subdirectory, then updated to 9.1.22. I still get the same error.

Paul W2EC
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:27:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Paul:

Sorry for the problem.

It is something with the band table or where your data is located. Do you have your data located at the default location, or elsewhere? Does .21 do the same thing?

It could be a problem with the band table itself. When you did the test install, did you use your old data (i.e. the same old band table).

To install a factory band table, delete bandmstr.dbf from the logdata directory, then install any update. Keep a copy of your bandmstr.dbf, or better yet, a copy of the whole LOGic folder. If bandmstr.dbf turns out to be the problem, please send me a copy so I can install it here and see what is going on to prevent future problems.

Your subscription has been processed. Thanks. But I doubt that will fix this.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W2EC
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:28:26 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

OK Dennis, I will try resetting the factory band table, but for what it is worth, all I did was run the update for 9.1.22 at it's original locations, nothing had changed as far as file locations, etc between the former version and the update.

I have also updated to 9.1.24 now as well, and the same problem occurs, but it doesn't seem to bother anything (so far as I am aware) and the new DESCR operation is working fine, thanks very much for that update!.

73, Paul W2EC