logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Prefix table update adds dupes
N7IP
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 11:47:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Dennis, I have made user-defined changes to the prefix table. When I allow table updates as part of a program update, Logic adds the factory entries along side my user-defined entries. For example, I have changed the description for the state prefixes to include the state name. After a program update, there is also the factory entry that simply shows the call area. I'm not sure how logic treats this situation when there are two conflicting entries. But it would be much better if the update program did not put factory entries that duplicate the user defined entries.

Bob, N7IP
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:28:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Bob:

I am looking at ~VA. In DXCC, it says "United States, Call District 4." Is that where you are making your change? The reason I don't add it there is that in Location, it says "Virginia, Old Dominion", which shows up on the Info form. Is there someplace else you want it to show up that it isn't? Maybe I should address it from that angle.

Unfortunately, it isn't easy to tell if a prefix record is a duplicate or an addition to what is already there. I guess if Prefixes and date fields are identical, that would cover most scenarios. Anyway, the idea is that user entries are in addition to ours. If our entries are wrong, we need to know so we can fix them.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:29:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Yes, see the attached screen shot. You also have a copy of my Logic folder, so you can see it there too. The objective in all of this is to show the state in the spot log (see the screen shot). I had talked to you several times about making this change in the factory file. I have also changed some country names--ones that seem outdated to me ("Kampuchea (cambodia)" is an example. I didn't realize that those changes would be wiped out by the update, even tho I marked them as "user-supplied."

Here is a quote from the Logic help pages: "When installing the prefix table update, the entire table is normally replaced with the update. However, you may enter your own entries and keep them from being overwritten during an update by checkmarking User Supplied Entry."

I think it would be a great boost to Logic's wonderful customization capabilities if users could make changes to the factory files as well as add their own.

Bob, N7IP
File Attachment(s):
Logic1.pdf (607kb) downloaded 68 time(s).
1 user thanked N7IP for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/17/2017(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 7:14:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, I understand. I updated our States prefix entries as per your recommendation. It is more useful than the call district.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY