logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic 9 Layout
K1VC
#1 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 8:53:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I purchased two 22" monitors. I upgraded from two very old 20" monitors. With the additional space, I'm trying to customize LOGic to show more within each forms. For some reason, I can't get my forms within LOGic to show more. I have all my forms set to a font size 8 (smallest in LOGic 9) but it still looks like everything is large.

How do I make the fonts smaller so I can have more showing?

Thank you,
Vin, 73
K1VC
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2015 8:46:10 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Vin:

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by "getting your forms to show more".

You can post a screen shot. Use the Windows Snipping tool to take the picture and save it to a file. Then checkmark Attach Files To This post when you post your reply.

Note that they physical size of the monitor is irrelevant. What counts is the number of pixels it has. The ultrabook I am using now has 2550x1400 pixels, but is only 13"!

Dennis WN4AZY
K1VC
#3 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2015 6:48:01 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I was able to view up to 10 previous QSO's with a station I worked (without having to scroll down), the screenshot only allows me to view 4 unless I scroll down.

My main log screen, I use to be able to see the last 10 QSO's I made and now, I can only see 5 unless I scroll up.

The 22" monitors have a max screen resolution of 1680 x 1050 which they are both set at.

Vin
File Attachment(s):
LOGic 9 on 22 inch monitors.jpg (643kb) downloaded 64 time(s).
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:00:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, so bottom line, your new monitor is smaller, pixel-wise, than your old monitor. Generally, I go with the highest-resolution monitor available, regardless of physical size. On my Ultrabook, I carry three pairs of reading glasses of various diopters with it hihi.

You can go with less than 8-point font. Just type the point size in rather than selecting it from the list. The attached picture shows 5 pt. Not recommended hihi. You can also make the individual grid rows less tall. Consult Help under Basic Operation/Grid Customization.

You can also play around with Windows settings to make the title bars etc. smaller. In the attached screen shot, I have the system set to display Windows stuff rather large because my screen is so small.

Also, I note that the bottom browse window runs off the bottom of the screen. There could be QSOs that you can't see even if you scroll clear down. So drag the whole window up so you can see the bottom, drag the bottom border to make the widow shorter, then place it back where you want it.

Dennis WN4AZY
File Attachment(s):
Capture.JPG (62kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
K1VC
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:58:08 PM(UTC)

Thank you Dennis. Now I know why these monitors were not that expensive Blushing Sad