logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logic 9 Restore Didn't Recognize Secure Digital Card
AK4Z
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:16:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

I am running Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro OSX Lion using Parallels. Logic 9 installed with no problem. When I went to install my backup log using the Restore function, the SD card was not recognized/identified in the drop down list of drives. The Macbook did identify the SD card as a device, and as a workaround, I moved the backup log from the SD card to drive C: and then did restore from drive C:

When using Logic 8, I was able to backup and restore directly to/from an SD card. I am not sure why my Logic 9 did not show me the SD card in the drop down list when using the Restore function.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:33:23 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Thanks for the report.

Do you have LOGic 8 on the same setup, and does it work? The closest test I can do is to use a flash drive in Win 7, and that works.

A possible workaround is to use ADVANCED which uses a different file selector to locate the drive.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
AK4Z
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:50:56 AM(UTC)

Man

Additional Information: Logic 9 is a clean install on a new Macbook Pro (no Logic 8 previously installed).

I do not have the SD card issue with my other, 2-year old, Macbook Pro that uses OS 10.6.8 and Windows 7 under Bootcamp with Logic 8. I repeatedly backed up and restored my Logic 8 logbook using an SD card between this 2-year old Macbook and and another Windows tower computer.

I'll get a fresh SD card and experiment. Also, this behavior may change once I get both computers on Logic 9.

AK4Z
#4 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 7:26:15 PM(UTC)

Man

The issue of not recognizing the SD card appears to be related to the Parallels software and NOT Logic 9. I will contact Parallels technical support for help. There is some indication on the web that failure to recognize the SD card is an open issue experienced by others using Parallels.